How to touch-up aluminum-colored engine trim???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieJ

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I am have a 2000 Vmax... How do you touch up the aluminum-colored engine trim??? I'm not sure if those are actual aluminum overlays or just aluminum colored engine paint... Something was previously spilled on it and looks like it ate it down to black... Any advise on how to touch the trim up would be greatly appreciated...

Hi everyone... I am have a 2000 Vmax... How do you touch up the aluminum-colored engine trim??? I'm not sure if those are actual aluminum overlays or just aluminum colored engine paint... Something was previously spilled on it and looks like it ate it down to black... Any advise on how to touch the trim up would be greatly appreciated...
If you look closely you can see these '85 valve covers are stock black on top but i hit it and the water jacket covers with a light sandpaper and high heat clear coat.
It has stayed that way for over 6 months with no fading. I also painted the side covers and then sanded the tops with the black vmax staying underneath.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwUh1A6Jbw

I will post pics tomorrow...and couldn't get the video to play... I was taking a closer look and seems like the covers have an aluminum strap accrossed them...and the side ribs are an aluminum colored paint... The stock clutch cover trim seems to be aluminum like the valve cover trim...

Latest posts

Back