Kz 1000 Ltd

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Picked up a 1980 KZ 1000 LTD today for next to nothing.
Its rough but all there.Even has the good MK2 engine in it.No title though ,Anybody have a frame with title?

Also picked up a set of 1986 FZR 600 wheels for the fazer.18" rear and 16" front.

Awesome bike and an even more awesome engine for it's time. I had one of those in my early years and that thing went 7.14's in the eighth with only a set of HP cams, extended swingarm, Schnitz header, ported head, MRE air shifter and a drag slick. Crank up the compression to at least 11.1 from that crappy 8.7 they had stock and that thing will flat-fly right out of the box!! Those Kawi KZ motors were the "Small Block Chevy" engines of the cycle world back then- HP parts *EVERYWHERE* for those!

Good score! :punk:

They can really put out some power with some work.They also are still running at strips all over the country.Parts everywhere.Big bore kits,heads.
I couldn't pass it up for the price.For now though I am going to let it sit.I have a Yamaha FZX Fazer ,Kawasaki H2 and now a KZ 1000 to build.
I'll probably do them in that order too unlessI decide to make the KZ into a dragbike.Maybe put the KZ engine into my honda?

Latest posts

Back