Low volts from what I see

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrick Chapman

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just woke up the max 2 months ago after 2 season hibernating. Charged the pc680 (had it in for 8 yrs now) full charged and holding at 12.50. Now the bike ran well with occasional stalling that I thought was gas till lastnight; it didn't start right away. The idle was low at about 700 but it ran well. While running after the problem the Volt are 12.61 at 3000rpm. I will be doing some checks come tomm. I think the stalling problem might be apart of this low voltage.

You need to check a few things. Most commonly the regulators take a shit. BUT, if you don't have good voltage from the stator (3 white wires) then it can't give you more then it gets. Measure the stator wires and check for AC voltage. You're going to want 20 or more AC volts from it.

Thanks....butttt I went out to check things out and at 1000 rpm (idle) the volts were sitting on 13v. Yesterday it wouldn't go above 12.67v; now 13.40.v. It did rain yesterday and the bike was wet so I think I need to clean up my grounds and connections. Seen some newer style rectifier that look interesting tho

You need to check a few things. Most commonly the regulators take a shit. BUT, if you don't have good voltage from the stator (3 white wires) then it can't give you more then it gets. Measure the stator wires and check for AC voltage. You're going to want 20 or more AC volts from it.
Thanks again

If you are getting high voltage on idle, and low voltage on higher RPM then it is your voltage regulator. It is easy to figure out, by cliping in other bike's regulator for a minute and you 'll get the results.

Back