no tachometer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
After trying to sort this out bike is now in the shop and they cant seem to find the problem . all other lights work on the panel and he has done a vault test on the wires reading just over 12 a , the pulse wire as well , he seems to think it may be the voltage requlater/rectifier - how do i know this for sure ? Bike has a new battery and starts 1st pop everytime:confused2:

After trying to sort this out bike is now in the shop and they cant seem to find the problem . all other lights work on the panel and he has done a vault test on the wires reading just over 12 a , the pulse wire as well , he seems to think it may be the voltage requlater/rectifier - how do i know this for sure ? Bike has a new battery and starts 1st pop everytime:confused2:

Pretty simple to check.

Pulses come from pick ups on your stator than goto the CDI box, than go over to the Vboost controller and a wire comes up Grey I think from a connector to another red or white connector for your insturment cluster and than to the back of your tach.
I think you would need an occiliscope to see igniton pulses.

Voltage regulator rectifier has nothing to do with a tach operation. Find another mechanic or dont pay him.

Pretty simple to check.

Pulses come from pick ups on your stator than goto the CDI box, than go over to the Vboost controller and a wire comes up Grey I think from a connector to another red or white connector for your insturment cluster and than to the back of your tach.
I think you would need an occiliscope to see igniton pulses.

Voltage regulator rectifier has nothing to do with a tach operation. Find another mechanic or dont pay him.

How do i know the tacho is not stuffed , any ideas ?:ummm:

How do i know the tacho is not stuffed , any ideas ?:ummm:

You can do away with all of that factory pea sized OEM tach and get a 5In Monster Tach with a shiftlite.
For what you are going to spend in electrical troublshooting and parts I will bet that the 5'in tach w/ shiftlite will be cheaper.

Latest posts

Back