Query over Wire connections

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMac

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I purchased an '85 V Max some months back which I am doing up. The rear ignition coil unit was disconnected and I have a query over the blue / white wire that comes out of the starter solenoid. In that area of the bike, I have a blue /white wire ( with female connector ) coming out of the wiring loom on the RHS near the fuel line and I also have a blue / white wire coming from under the starter solenoid. This also has a female connector. Should these be connected even though they both have female connectors or can you advise where they do connect to.

Thanks

Graham

7B5515BC-E2CD-43D7-83B0-9C7692E97DDA_1_102_o.jpeg

The blue/white connects to the blue/white bullet connector just to the left. That is for the relay trigger and sends the connection when pushing the start button.
The other looks like it's the fuel sending unit connector and is not located correctly. That should be behind the right side panel and connect to the sensor coming out of the fuel tank.

Here's a clean example of the wiring under the seat.

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks very much for your reply and photo. This makes it much clearer. I am always reluctant to just connect things together without checking these things as I would hate to melt my wiring at this late stage of restoration.

All the best

Graham

Back