Repacking the can ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior273

Reaction score
I'm thinking or repacking the can on my Kerker exhaust. Is there a special packing that I have to use? Also is there any step by step info on doing this?

I'm thinking or repacking the can on my Kerker exhaust. Is there a special packing that I have to use? Also is there any step by step info on doing this?

Pretty easy job to do. First remove the three screws that hold the end cap on the can, than pull out the baflle and old packing material. You can buy packing at any motorcycle shop, either the blanket style or the loose fill style, I prefer the blanket style. Cut it to fit the length of the baffle. Wrap it so that fit snug into the can, but not too tight, once you have the right amount, use some masking tape and wrap it around the outer diameter of the blanket to hold it together, again not tight. than slide it all back in, put the end cap an three screws back on .

Mike

Your best bet is to find some Ceramic Needle Mat and use it instead of fiberglass. It'll last about 10 times longer if not more. It's what all the new systems use.

SUPER easy though!

Chris

Back