Rim striping

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for some rim striping for my 1700, because it has 18 inch wheels I can't find anything. I have seen a lot of pictures with cool looking Maxes having rim stripings, so you might know where I can buy the striping.

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to buy rim striping about anywhere...eBay, Amazon, etc.

I've gotten all of mine though the following and they have a great tool that makes applying it easy:

Tape Works Graphics

+1 on the stripe it all. Awesome tool. I originally bought my stripes through them as well, but I believe the original owner sold the company so I don't feel bad going else where. The tape has to have a backing to be able to use with the tool, but they can be found. I just added gold stripes to my Valkyrie wheels with it two days ago.

Interesting. I always thought they were painted on by hand, spin the wheel and hold a paint brush in a steady hand. (I read that in the olden times,as recently as the 80s, Rolls Royces were hand painted, no brush strokes visible. It wad a skilled job requiring a year or more apprenticeship. Only reason cars are spray painted is because it takes less time hence cheaper plus a more consistent finish)

I'm sure one could whip up a clamp holding a thin sponge roller with paint to do this, or use a paint pen, a bigger version of a roller ballpoint pen filled with paint .

Back