1999 Front/rear brake hardware question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm planning to install new rotors front and rear on used V max rims and am having a bit of difficulty finding front /rear brake rotor bolt packs. Would anyone know where to find these and even better, what size these are? I've searched high and low before asking, but I have to admit, I'm stumped. I'm trying to find out if there is anything else I should consider hardware-wise before attempting to install these. Thx.

The thread locker compound on them (button bolts for the rotors) may need to be softened with a bit of heat. BE CAREFUL! Remove your tire valve core completely to avoid having a tire burst from improper heating of the wheel.

Don't be surprised if the allen head of the rotor bolts strips-out before coming loose, especially if you don't first remove the valve core completely and start wailing-on the bolts. I've had to use a cold chisel to remove the button rotor bolts on more-than one occasion.

https://dn790009.ca.archive.org/0/i...ice-manual/yamahavmaxvmx12-service-manual.pdf

Look in the appendix for the rotor bolt sizing and torque values, then locate the wheel section in the service manual for disassembly/reassembly.

Page 6-20, that's chapter 6, page 20 of the manual.

1710104065058.png

Back