Service in the Edmonton area?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegoNoggin

Reaction score
Short question: Does anyone know of a good shop / individual to service my 2005 V-Max in the Edmonton, Alberta area?

Long story: I got my bike in 2014. It ran great when I got it, but shortly thereafter started progressively running worse ... running rough, sounds like it's misfiring, backfiring, etc. I took it into a local Yamaha dealer a few time, with always the same result ... runs fine shortly after service, but then progressively runs worse over time (noticeable usually within 100 km of riding).

To make matters worse, the dealer performed a valve job (adjustment?) and destroyed the sound of my bike as the exhaust "pops" now. I've got DAM Super Max exhaust, that sounded awesome when it was running well ... until the valve job. I don't dare take it back to the same dealer to fix their mess as they have proven incapable of either solving the root of the problem or of performing a proper valve adjustment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't know anyone out in Alberta but with some research and help here I bet you could solve your issues. First check your gas tank for rust. If you've got that then until you deal with it you'll always have problems. Look up the "shotgun" here and try that. If that doesn't work then you're looking at yanking the carbs. As far as the valve adjustment that's a bigger issue so I'd try carbs first. If you're not into tinkering and learning - keep looking for someone who specifically knows the Vmax.

Back