Still not running right...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost

Reaction score
I got the Weber carb. sync. tool you guys recommended to sync a bike with Stage 7 and there seems to be no ryme or reason to how this thing is adjusting.

Shawn Kloker was nice enough to PM me a quick write up advising me to set the idle around 1100rpm's, use the screw on the left to sync 1-2 as 2 is not adjustable and the screw on the opposite side to sync 3-4. The screw to the right of that screw is supposed to sync 1-2 to 3-4.

Well, my number 2 carb. has gone from 2 to 10 on the Weber tool so whatever I'm doing is somehow adjusting the non-adjustable carb.

Right now, I have all 3 screws tightened down snug figuring this would give me a starting point to adjust from. The idle screw is as far out as it'll go but somehow the idle is at 3000+ rpms with the choke off. I also tried turning the adjustment screws out as far as they would go and adjusting from there but it was pretty much the same story.

I'm about a 2 seconds from dumping gas over this thing and lighting it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :ummm:

Those sync screws should never be snugged down! The springs might have popped out.They are meant to be somewhere in the middle and the whole setup balances between springs.They are also exremely touchy.A small turn goes a long way.

I got the Weber carb. sync. tool you guys recommended to sync a bike with Stage 7 and there seems to be no ryme or reason to how this thing is adjusting.

Shawn Kloker was nice enough to PM me a quick write up advising me to set the idle around 1100rpm's, use the screw on the left to sync 1-2 as 2 is not adjustable and the screw on the opposite side to sync 3-4. The screw to the right of that screw is supposed to sync 1-2 to 3-4.

Well, my number 2 carb. has gone from 2 to 10 on the Weber tool so whatever I'm doing is somehow adjusting the non-adjustable carb.

Right now, I have all 3 screws tightened down snug figuring this would give me a starting point to adjust from. The idle screw is as far out as it'll go but somehow the idle is at 3000+ rpms with the choke off. I also tried turning the adjustment screws out as far as they would go and adjusting from there but it was pretty much the same story.

I'm about a 2 seconds from dumping gas over this thing and lighting it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :ummm:
Your # 2 is changeing because it probably is the only carb that is carrying the load.

Try looking down the top of each carb with the slide slid out of the way and see what your butterflies are doing.When synced the should each look pretty similar(same opening).

I messed around with it today and was able to get all 4 carbs. to read just a hair over 5 on the Weber tool. Hopefully, this does the trick. Haven't had a change to ride it yet, I'll report back later. Thanks again, gentlemen!

I messed around with it today and was able to get all 4 carbs. to read just a hair over 5 on the Weber tool. Hopefully, this does the trick. Haven't had a change to ride it yet, I'll report back later. Thanks again, gentlemen!

Having them all the same is more important than what the reading actually is.

Back