The Gnomist

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
I came across this video this week and found it very interesting for several reasons. The main one is it teaches a lesson I had heard before "Even the smallest acts of kindness can make a profound difference to someone else." How kindness can unite people from all walks of life. Something that I think is at the core being human that is often lost in the noise of celebrity worship, viral social media and instant gratification.

Like most anything I read/see I do a bit of self-reflection. Kindness is a wonderful gift a person can give to another. I chose not to reflect on when I received the gift, but ask myself the honest question: When was the last time I gave the gift? My honest answer is it had been some time. I need to change that.

I find it rather remarkable such effort and creativity went into something so anonymous. I think it's an incredible life lesson those two sons have learned. Not just in regards to kindness, but also in regards to humility and humbleness. I suppose one could argue that eventually they got their praise, but I don't think that was ever a motivation. Another reason I enjoyed this video is because it was sort of proof that some very important lessons in life can't be taught in a classroom. They are taught at home. This is one of those lessons and it's a rather important lesson that I think those two young boys have learned that will be one of the most valuable lessons they have learned their entire life.

I wish I could sit down and have a coffee with the mother. I have so many questions I would love to ask her because of this search I seem to have been on for a decade... maybe it's a mid life crisis... but I want to find out how people like this mother think... how the process their thoughts... what is that "magic" inside them that motivates them to be positive in the middle of personal despair. And this story is just one of so many that make me want to talk with the people involved. Is it some sort of genetic trait that creates a positive disposition? Or is taught or nurtured? Is it faith? So many questions... for them and for myself.

I want to be a better human being during my short time in this universe. But there is this cynic/glass half empty side of me that dominates me too much. I'd love to chat with people like this mother to see if there's something they say that "clicks" and helps me tips the scales to a more positive/glass half full mindset.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. If nothing else this is a positive story that we don't get enough of in our daily news cycles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLoBWpiOczQ

Back