V-Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, this can be electrical or fuel delivery - when the last time u cleaned/overhauled your carbs? including having them syncronized

Mike

Mike Carbs were overhauled less than 6 months ago, I synced the carbs 2 weeks ago and was riding with no problems. I tried to sync them yesterday but the bike does not hold an idle at 1200-1300 long enough to sync them.

Ron
:hmmm:

Ron, this can be electrical or fuel delivery - when the last time u cleaned/overhauled your carbs? including having them syncronized

Mike

Looks like I will have to get the volt meter out again, as Mark suggested and start checking the electrical parts, plugs, fuel pump, etc

Ron

Well not sure what I did but the bike is running, I replaced the vboost sensor with a spare that I had, made sure the line was clear, took off the fuel filter, no dirt, reconnected the vboost, synced the vboost, and it works.

Prior to removing the fuel filter it would still stall, I assume the system is under pressure, perhaps by releasing the pressure, something slipped back into place, like the pencil looking thing in the carbs??

How is the wheel Mike??

Ron

Well not sure what I did but the bike is running, I replaced the vboost sensor with a spare that I had, made sure the line was clear, took off the fuel filter, no dirt, reconnected the vboost, synced the vboost, and it works.

Prior to removing the fuel filter it would still stall, I assume the system is under pressure, perhaps by releasing the pressure, something slipped back into place, like the pencil looking thing in the carbs??

How is the wheel Mike??

Ron

Definitely improved the handling and ride - overall happy with it!

Glad to hear that you figured out you carb/vboost problem - now ride the hell out of that thing before you have to pack it and ship it it out!

Mike

Back