Vmax vs Cobra

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no bidders. Here's the pic posted from ebay. There are 2 issues of the May '85, right in the middle.

Attachments

• !BOMwMGg!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl)w!eBJtb(mz+U!~~_1.JPG
    !BOMwMGg!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl)w!eBJtb(mz+U!~~_1.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 33
Found this ebay auction of this 1985 Cycle World collection...
http://cgi.ebay.com/25--1985-Cycle-...20090310QQitemZ280321378023QQsalenotsupported
No bidders yet, 2 days left, starting bid 5 bucks--if you pick these up, you could send me a copy and I'd make a nice background from a hi res scan for you. All I'd ask in return is one of the two copies of that May '85 issue I see in the collection.
Vin

You ought to take Rayvin up on his offer, Kaboom. He color corrected an image for me and did an awesome job. He knows what he's doing.

Thank you sir.....

Believe it or not.....I had that magazine back in '85.....my freshman year in high school.....(ouch my back).....can't find it now:ummm::biglaugh:

Gotcha beat. I graduated in '78 and there were no Vmaxes around yet. The big dog on the street back then was the Kawasaki KZ 1000.

You ought to take Rayvin up on his offer, Kaboom. He color corrected an image for me and did an awesome job. He knows what he's doing.

I am watching the auction......shipping is a bit steep.....:confused2:

Depending on where you are in North New York, you could be as close as a couple hundred miles to New Sharon, Maine. In Texas that's considered just down the road apiece. Take a ride, go see the dude and buy only the mags you want. Call him first before he sells them all so he can hold the copies out for you. Just an idea.

I am watching the auction......shipping is a bit steep.....:confused2:

Hey, I don't really need to keep a copy of the mag, I just figured the ebay auction was one solution to your situation, and since you would have 2 copies, I wouldn't mind one of them. If you can get any copy to me, the offer is still good and I'll send it back to you. Just be sure it's in decent shape, as the less restoration I have to do, the better I'll like it.
It's almost 50 degrees and my ears miss the sweet melody of my Max-time to ride!!

Hey, I don't really need to keep a copy of the mag, I just figured the ebay auction was one solution to your situation, and since you would have 2 copies, I wouldn't mind one of them. If you can get any copy to me, the offer is still good and I'll send it back to you. Just be sure it's in decent shape, as the less restoration I have to do, the better I'll like it.
It's almost 50 degrees and my ears miss the sweet melody of my Max-time to ride!!

If I win the auction I'll send ya all the duplicates....

Don't need 2 of each:biglaugh:

Depending on where you are in North New York, you could be as close as a couple hundred miles to New Sharon, Maine. In Texas that's considered just down the road apiece. Take a ride, go see the dude and buy only the mags you want. Call him first before he sells them all so he can hold the copies out for you. Just an idea.

342 miles......6 hours and 48 minutes....

A little too far:confused2:

according to my calculations on the vmax that should be more like 3 hours... :rofl_200:

With the reputation for stellar high speed handling I am sure you could make great time on those twisty mountain 2 lane roads:rofl_200:

Hey Kaboom- Took 2 of those jpgs from Robert and spliced them together for a few 1200x828 background possibilities in case you didn't want to go buy all those mags. If you see one you want, let me know and I'll put the full sized one up.

Attachments

• maxcobra2.jpg
    maxcobra2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 12
  • maxcobra3.jpg
    maxcobra3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 12
  • maxcobra5.jpg
    maxcobra5.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
  • maxcobra6.jpg
    maxcobra6.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 14
  • maxcobra7.jpg
    maxcobra7.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
  • maxcobra9.jpg
    maxcobra9.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 14
  • maxcobra10.jpg
    maxcobra10.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 18
I'd sure like to read the actual article from '85. Anybody got a link they can post?
I searched the net but couldn't come up with anything.

Hey Kaboom-with 35 min to go, just want to make sure it's you as the only bidder, or that you're ready to jump on it if you want it.
Vin

I'd sure like to read the actual article from '85. Anybody got a link they can post?
I searched the net but couldn't come up with anything.

I couldn't find one either, but if things go as planned, I'll soon have a copy of the mag and I'll throw a clean scan of the article up for you.

I couldn't find one either, but if things go as planned, I'll soon have a copy of the mag and I'll throw a clean scan of the article up for you.

Sorry dude.....someone is willing to pay more than me for them than I can......:damn angry:

Back