• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SUPERCHARGED YAMAHA VMAX - $7,000 (Huntington Beach)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus36

Reaction score
Found this:

Supercharged VMAX

1989 VMAX -- SUPERCHARGED, RUNS STRONG, CUSTOM PAINT, NEWER TIRES, 2 HELMETS, BACK REST. 31K MILES. $ 7,000.00 CONTACT JOE 714-454-3I41 IF NO ANSWER LEAVE MESSAGE AND CONTACT INFO

1714243122450.png

I dunno, it reminds me of a cast iron stove getting really-hot and the flame paint is outside the red-hot core. Maybe lose the diff red to centralize the nuclear reactor appearance. The diff in black might look better. But his bike, his vision for how it looks.

Looks like Bill Bushlings bike (owner of Magnacharger that died a few years ago in a plane crash).

It was probably a work in progress, the best parts of two different bikes slapped together with plans on bringing it all together later till the poor guy found out he got tunnel vision, vertigo and no where to carry the amount of toilet paper required to ride that widow makin rocket ship!!

That depends the boost provided. Less boost allows the engine to live longer. The time spent in boost also affects longevity. Yes you can make 200 hp or more but it will shorten the engine's life.

I asked my friend at whose shop I frequent, what a particular supercharged VMax he built for a customer made for HP #'s and he said he didn't recall the exact number, but for a 6 lbs boost pulley it was 'above 200 RWHP.' He also said that back when it was built, he had contacted the manufacturer of the kit, I don't know if it was the Magnacharger system. The kit supplier said, "I only guarantee that kit will fit. How it is tuned, is up-to you!"

Here are a couple of bikes in the shop, getting repaired. The green KZ is set-up as a straightaway roadburner, note the rear struts, the sidewinder exhaust, and the stretched swingarm, and the not-filtered, bellmouth flatslide carburetors. Wide wheels for radials.

The other bike is a 'needs no introduction to this crowd' bike which needed carb work.

1714761519122.png

KZ sidewinder.02.png

VMax carb work needed.jpg

Dig that aluminum radiator, an aftermarket bolt-in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back