Wanted turn signals I got emergency flashers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davelaf

Reaction score
Hello. I'm putting some aftermarket turnsignals on to replace two factory and two aftermarket signals. So the later were wired up two wires, one ground, one flasher. Everything worked ok. The factory ones have three wires, one ground, one flasher, one ignition on power. So I just used the ground and the flasher wires. But when I activate one side, they all go off, flashing faster than normal. I didn't think they were wired together or I'm obviously doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

If your new signals are led's you will need a digital flasher to cure the hyper flash and splice a diode into the signal indicator light wire in the dash to keep all 4 from lighting at the same time. Going this route is not all that hard but you will loose the self cancel on the turn signal.

Last edited:
Thanks, I guess I should have just gotten regular light bulbs, hell I usually use hand signals anyway. Is is going to screw up anything if I run this way?? At least people might see me, with them rapidly blinking. Gotta look at the positive side!!

It has been said that wiring in an incandescent bulb to your signals and hiding it in a safe spot will solve these issues also, keeping the self cancelling feature which is nice. This may be a less complicated route but i didnt want extra wires and bulbs stashed somewhere.

Back