What Haven't I Done

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
my 97 max was purchased in april of 01 with 3100 miles on it for $7550. the only thing that was not stock at the time was the cobra exhaust installed by the previous owner. in 03, with less than 9300 miles on the bike, i had major issues. replaced the cdi box, and the complete transmission. that only left enough cash to replace the rear tire and add the drag bars. that same year i had traded my yzf 750 for a 2000 aprilia rsv mille. i split my riding time between the 2 and was pretty content. then i saw an 89 max on e-bay. it had some cool aftermarket stuff on it, stuff i hadnt seen before. ie clear clutch cover, euro tailsection, and a few other things. i snapped it up and it quickly became my favorite whip. the guy i bought it from gave me a folder with all the research he had done on aftermarket parts, i checked it out and decided to really trick out the 97. after 2 more years of saving and research i was ready to begin. last summer i installed the following, 120 series front tire, R1 calipers on front, ss front brake lines, fjr 1300 brake master cylinder, metallic slver powdercoated carb covers, billet front fork brace, billet V4 carb inlet covers, otec billet oil fill bolt, otec billet transmission breather cap, otec billet transmission fill bolt, otec billet shock toppers, otec billet axel nut, otec billet key housing cover, otec billet formula rear sets, otec billet waterpump elbow, billet side mount license plate holder, billet rear brake torque arm, polished waterpump housing, otec billet alternator clear cover, otec billet mid-gear clear cover, otec billet clutch clear cover, otec billet waterpump clear cover, otec billet cam cover set clear window, oil pressure gauge kit, barnett clutch and pressure plate conversion, R1 rear brake upgrade, custom mounting bracket for R1 caliper in stock rear position, R1 rotor on rear, ss 27" rear line, ss speedo cable, ss throttle cable set, ss clutch lines, custom crank case covers to match vanity plate, taylor red plug wires, iridiun spark plugs, billet logo plug caps, o-ring pop stopper kit, 17"x5.5" gsxr rear wheel, 190/50/17 dunlop sportmax tire, 03 R1 forks, fender, wheel, and rotors with cycle one off custom triples-not mounted yet, custom 7" headlite and cowl-not installed, fjr 1300 clutch master cylinder, 2" lowered seat, stock fauk tank cover-modified with air intakes and one off grills and air filters. widened 2" at the top to bring tank into proportion with the wider scoops-then tapered back to the originalwidth where the tank meet the seat. BRM Evo Tec style air scoops with one off grills and led arrow indicators inside them. carbon fiber side panels from vmaxbitz. techno bike MV Agusta rear tail section. front chin fairing, instument panel shroud painted to match rest of bike. paint job by born to be wild in england-several layers of candy gun-metal grey over micro metal flake silver with airbrushed checkered/union jack flags. black detailing used in crevasses to add depth and for fogging edges of panels. followed by several coats of tough clearcoat. checkered flag appears to hover over tank and tail. i'v got a set of billet rear turn signals-just need to fabricate a bracket to mount them under the rear tail. almost done the oil cooler mod i've been working on for the past year-needs a mounting bracket and the lines. still have a list for next summer. thanks for taking the time to read about my bike. almost forgot, the plate reads CLIMAX thanks odieoh24.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 59
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 61
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 56
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 37
Would you like me to start naming the things you haven't done??? :whistlin:

I kid I kid...

WOW! Looks great man! I see you have the sickness too...:rofl_200:

Insert some pics in the V4 garage too...

:thumbs up:
Cheers

I was thinking of those Otec cam covers but it's annoying that theres only part that is clear instead of the whole top of the covers.

only the front cover has the clear window. if you look at the cover on the bike, where the window is located really is the only place you can see anything. does look pretty sick to see the cams rolling when the bike is running though. i just wanted something other than the stock covers chromed or polished. also wanted something the average guy isnt gonna put on his bike. i coulda bought a pretty sweet used max for what it cost to purchase and install these covers. covers cost about $3000.00 alone. if your'e considering buying them, i'd do it sooner than later. i researched these for 2 years before i purchased them and they have increased about $1000 since i first saw them. same with the otec triples-were $990 when i left for laconia last month. were $1050 when i returned a week later. once i started modifying the bike , i just kept going till the money was all gone. almost done but not quite.

Sweet ride D, now i can show the ol lady that i'm not the only one mad enough to spend a small fortune on my bike. maybe i can get her to spring for the otec swingarm for xmas. ya right. great job seems youv'e got it worse than i do-and your cash flow seems a whole lot better than mine too lol!!! you have alot of the stuff on my other list-the one i probably wont get too.

later odieoh24

I like the 1098 but you were talkin me out of it. I would want something lighter for sure and streetable. Don't know if the Mrs would go for another bike though..that was the whole reason for starting on the mods in the first place. I originally wanted to get another but she said no so I said OK I'm going to mod the one I have then. Beaucoup bucks and years later and voila. I think she realizes she should have let me get the other one in the first place.:eusa_dance:
Luckily we have separate bank accounts:banana:

I like the 1098 but you were talkin me out of it. I would want something lighter for sure and streetable. Don't know if the Mrs would go for another bike though..that was the whole reason for starting on the mods in the first place. I originally wanted to get another but she said no so I said OK I'm going to mod the one I have then. Beaucoup bucks and years later and voila. I think she realizes she should have let me get the other one in the first place.:eusa_dance:
Luckily we have separate bank accounts:banana:
Check out a KTM Super Duke or Triumph Speed Triple...:thumbs up: :coolgleamA:

4G

Thoughts on those two vs the R1 vs the busa?

D

Not apples to apples... :confused2:

I would take my two over those for the street... I like the Vtwin sportbike power.

The R1 is a race rep. Not big on comfort but fast as hell. I would buy the ZX10R or Gixxer over the R1 all day... More grunt down low!:thumbs up:

The Busa is fast as schitt and with the new one coming out, you will be able to find a good price on the old stock!:thumbs up:

:thumbs up: The grunt coming out of a corner on a twin will amaze you...:worthy: The Triple is an awesome power plant as well. I have a buddy that has an '07 Triple and freakin loves it. TOTAL Hooligan bike...

Sorry to hijack your thread odieoh24.:whistlin:

not a problem. i'm thinkin about sellin my 2000 aprilia rsv mille. bought it in 02 with 9050 miles-it now has 10950. it gets ridden every year, just not alot. 400 of those miles were just put on it by a friend i let ride it in laconia last month. i actually just got back from a quick rip around town on it to get some smokes and maybe smoke some of these college kids who think their cbr's and r1's are the shit. any interested parties? you like the twins, how bout you? its fast as hell and is smooth as glass even at 150-160. i've got a secret number in mind-if i see it i'll sell. anyone know about a new yamaha import available only in europe and ontario-its running a modified warrior motor and is about the size of a buell blast. the guy didnt speak any english so i could only look. it didnt have any other badges on it except for the yamaha logo. it looked way fast.

odieoh24

not a problem. i'm thinkin about sellin my 2000 aprilia rsv mille. bought it in 02 with 9050 miles-it now has 10950. it gets ridden every year, just not alot. 400 of those miles were just put on it by a friend i let ride it in laconia last month. i actually just got back from a quick rip around town on it to get some smokes and maybe smoke some of these college kids who think their cbr's and r1's are the shit. any interested parties? you like the twins, how bout you? its fast as hell and is smooth as glass even at 150-160. i've got a secret number in mind-if i see it i'll sell. anyone know about a new yamaha import available only in europe and ontario-its running a modified warrior motor and is about the size of a buell blast. the guy didnt speak any english so i could only look. it didnt have any other badges on it except for the yamaha logo. it looked way fast.

odieoh24

It's an MT-01 and they don't get rave reviews...

I want a Triumph speed tripple or KTM Super Duke next... I am even contemplating the new Buell 1125 with the Rotax motor... :surprise: :worthy:

Yes, you are talking about the MT 01 and it just looks fast. I've ridden one and wasn't impressed.

Back