What most of us are feeling right now...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 68793 View attachment 68792
I’m almost exactly the same size. Bike is an inch or two lower than stock. Real bitch to get on the center stand for service. Center stand removed except for service. Had to cut an inch off the side stand shaft and weld the foot and ball back on so it would sit right.

Really been wanting to get a windshield, So I went and bought one on Monday. Picking it up on Saturday as I couldn’t fit it in my car. About 3 plus hours from the house. Hoping for good weather between Milwaukee and Indy.

Lol, max is heavy when it's lowered trying to get it on the center stand. Few years ago it was tire change time so I smoked the old one till it blew. Had a hell of a time getting it up on the center stand. I finally just ramped it on a 2x8 and got enough room to start it up on the center stand. No center stand on gen2 so I'll have to figure something else out lol.

Same here, South Texas during mid Jan to end of Feb, just a few years away.

I live right on the border with Mexico. Our BEST riding season is November through May. The rest of summer is like riding with a heat gun aimed at you. Severe winds a lot of times can take the fun out of it as well. DPS hunting traffickers are everywhere, but they're a welcome sight most of the time.

It would be nice to ride with somebody now and again that's not on a Harley.

This is our best riding season. It's after sunshine and before tourists/Sturgis. Most notable signs are the smell of the pines wafting through the air and the sounds of... nothing. Truly an amazing place to own a motorcycle, or just be.

Unless it's now... we have wet heavy snow falling, got a few inches already and looks like more to come. I got my saw out and put the bike away... again. By the time the snow stops the tourists will be here. Usually we get a few weeks of pleasant riding before everyone shows up with their HDs and RVs to create the most magnificent rolling road blocks seen anywhere. Dammit haha!

Back