Why Vboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. Unless you make serious changes to the engine there is no point trying to benefit from V-Boost. You are only going to make the overall worse.

If you are going forced induction, remove V-Boost.

Thanks guys..I feel like I nit only got the Vmax I've always wanted but also found a family of brothers.
One last thing for now, someone obviously added these things and also put on a set of carbon fibre mufflers (that don't get hot ) but also he added air inlets on each of the carburettors not sure if there dummies or functional.
If you all are familiar with these I do appreciate the help.
Thanks again

If you're referring to the CV caps that appear to be bellmouths, yes they are functional, for scooping-up admiring comments about their appearance from bystanders who are viewing them. Like these.VMax NOS.jpgStaggered adaptor fuel injection.jpg

Last edited:
Just like FireMedic said, they are appearance gimmicks without any real functionality. Just like the factory air scoops, which are there for styling purposes only, and hide stuff that Yamaha was unable to fit anywhere else.

Back