Winterizing in MN

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
Just curious is there anything special to do to my Max before the cold harsh winter sets in up here who knows when? i talked to the Yamaha dealer he said just run it low on regular gas and fill it up with 110 octane and leave er sit, in the past i put in stabilizer and ran my Buell for a while then shut the gas off and let it run the carb dry, just looking for other tips if any

Skip the high octane, won't make a damn bit of difference. Octane loss over a few months of off-season is negligible.

Add blue "marine grade" sta-bil with your "last" fill-up, on your ride home the treated fuel will work it's way into the carbs.

Start the bike up every few weeks to keep the battery fresh and burn off any moisture.

I put my bike on the centerstand whenever it sits for more than a few days, takes the load off the suspension and will prevent flat spots from forming in the rear tire.

If it's stored indoors, don't cover it. Most covers will only trap moisture and cause rusting.

Latest posts

Back