1993 Wiring Diagram

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found a good wiring diagram in a Service Manual under the Model E section.............everything seems to match my 93 and shows the error in the color coded wiring diagram that I downloaded here............just spent the day repairing a "Starter" pushbutton switch and will be posting on that repair............not a fun day but looks like the switch is back up and operational again..............trying to finish up on the ladder logic diagram and hope to have that completed in several days.................and time marches on

Don't forget to show us the differences you found. Hope it works now.

Don't forget to show us the differences you found. Hope it works now.
The difference is with the "Neutral" indicator light...............one side of the light is shown connected to Brown and the other side to Sky blue..................the Brown connection is incorrect and should be Red/Black............an entirely different circuit...............don't know where to post this other than responding to your request to point out the difference................someone with pdf editing software could probably fix the problem and reissue the drawing. It's not a biggy but it can send you down the wrong path on the "Neutral" indicator light circuit which is pretty basic.

Also having a problem with the "P" circuit on the Ignition Switch...................my wiring diagram(Series E/EC) shows that it runs the Tail light and the Instrument lights and an Auxiliary light..................however, on my bike it only runs the Tail lights and the Auxiliary light I haven't been able to find on the bike................my bike in the "On" position turns on the Running lights and Instrument lights as expected..................someone reported back that their Instrument lights and Tail light came on in the "P" position and that matches my drawing however my drawing shows this circuit isolated from the "On" position which turns on all the Running lights as well as the Instrument lights..................which creates the problem that the "P" position can not feed the Tail lights without backfeeding all the Running lights unless there is a steering diode in the picture............there's still something fishy about the circuitry......................the "1990 to 2003 US and Canada models" color crayon drawing shows the "P" position feeding the Front and Rear running lights as well as the Instrument lights..............nobody has reported back on this condition which does not occur on either of my bikes

Still need help in trying to resolve this conflict.....................thanks

Latest posts

Back