• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 2002 Vmax 1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluSki7

Reaction score
2002 Vmax 1200 with 14,317 miles on the odometer. Kept in garage. Clean title. Message me if interested for more information.
$6,500 OBO
Resized_20220305_120703.jpegResized_20220305_120632.jpegResized_20220305_120646.jpegResized_20220305_120847.jpeg

That seems a bit high. I would clean it up real well. It looks like it needs some TLC.

If I could get that for mine, I'd probably sell it!

Good luck.

You joined here to sell a bike with a lot of wear evident. Bald tires. Incorrect fasteners for the brakes. Damage to the crash bars. Apparent punched out throttle grip end indicating the bike went down hard on that side. You're asking a totally unrealistic price. The bike has been down hard. Evident Road Rash shows the possibility of serious problems like a bent frame, bent forks, knackered suspension components and a bike that ran wide open on its side while the throttle was pinned to the ground. You would be lucky, no make that extremely lucky to get 2/3 of your asking price. Given the indifferent condition in which it has ended up, this is more of a $3,000 bike, less than half of your asking price. If you had come on here for your first post and advertised that at thirty-five hundred bucks or best offer you might actually get someone who was interested in it but your pricing is totally unrealistic. My message to you is the same at the end as it was at the beginning.

Last edited:
Whaaaaa...only worth $3,000? The 'weight saving' left turn signal, cock-eyed fender and sweet wear pattern on the front tire suggests it's worth at least double that!

Completely agree, I still cannot even begin to fathom how people think they're going to get top dollar for their stuff but can't be bothered to even wash it or clean it up a bit. If that's their attitude when it comes time to sell the thing, where putting a little effort in means cash in pocket, I can only imagine what their maintenance regimen looked like.

Wow, why is the price so low😉

I don’t like putting down a New Members Vmax Post, but you have to be realistic with the pricing.

The bike is rough, the pictures say it all.

Throwing sh-t at the wall to see what’s sticks, doesn’t work on this forum.

You joined here to sell a bike with a lot of wear evident. Bald tires. Incorrect fasteners for the brakes. Damage to the crash bars. Apparent punched out throttle grip end indicating the bike went down hard on that side. You're asking a totally unrealistic price. The bike has been down hard. Evident Road Rash shows the possibility of serious problems like a bent frame, bent forks, knackered suspension components and a bike that ran wide open on its side while the throttle was pinned to the ground. You would be lucky, no make that extremely lucky to get 2/3 of your asking price. Given the indifferent condition in which it has ended up, this is more of a $3,000 bike, less than half of your asking price. If you had come on here for your first post and advertised that at thirty-five hundred bucks or best offer you might actually get someone who was interested in it but your pricing is totally unrealistic. My message to you is the same at the end as it was at the beginning.
Don't overlook the janky ignition key mod and ill fitting seat.

I like the yellow paint with scallops and the bikini fairing, well-executed.

The '86 looks great too. All-black with chrome scoops is a good look for the VMax. I can't see if it has the 1985-style rear wheel?

I like the yellow paint with scallops and the bikini fairing, well-executed.

The '86 looks great too. All-black with chrome scoops is a good look for the VMax. I can't see if it has the 1985-style rear wheel?
here is or 86 from the other side, just love this bike! and we agree with everyone here on the bike posted we took the posting as a joke.
Vmax4.jpg

This is possibly type of sale, when seller advertises, starting from high unrealistic price, then decreases price weekly or so . Buyers can make offer, whatever they feel. My offer is $1500. Seller didn't specify state. We don't know Australia prices...:)
So, who can offer more?;)
Flipping part of seat looks unbolted.

Very nice.

And on a personal note, I've finally come across somebody that drinks as much water as I do.

I figured out the high price!

Wife: "You have to sell that %^$#@! motorcycle!"

Husband: "OK, I'll try to sell it on a VMax website."

Later, the wife: "How's it going on selling the bike? Is it gone yet?"

Husband: "Honey, I'm having not much luck selling the bike, I've had it advertised, but you know, it's cold outside, maybe once spring gets here and people begin to ride, I'll sell it." (For sale $6,500)

I have an '86 and it's got the same wheels as an '85. Like this bike, which also has a bunch of Yamaha accessories (OEM or not): sissy bar, stripes, crash bars, side cover black-out panels, cargo strap nuts for the shock absorbers, fork downtube deflectors, luggage rack, and a chrome instrument cover on the faux gas tank.

1647009813342.png

For a fun time, read the comments after this VMax article: Retrospective: Yamaha VMX12 V-Max 1200: 1985-1986 (also 1988-2007) | Rider Magazine | Rider Magazine Seems like Mr. Max has left some great memories with its riders, and a number have expressed their desire to get a new to them VMax, after pining after one for many years. A couple of old chestnuts in there too, lacking truth.

Last edited:
I have an '86 and it's got the same wheels as an '85. Like this bike, which also has a bunch of Yamaha accessories: sissy bar, stripes, crash bars, side cover black-out panels, cargo strap nuts for the shock absorbers, fork downtube deflectors, luggage rack, and a chrome instrument cover on the faux gas tank.

:)
Maybe it is time for you to upgrade your old bike for much newer one 92 (second gear doesn't work)! I'll trade!;)

Back