2007 Goldwing..... hmmm....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if your used to the handling of the ZX 14 I would go with the 1800 it handles closer to what your used to. It all out runs circles around the 1500 in the handling department . In the comfort department the 1500 has a little more room. I think there both good bikes the 1800 is more spunky though with the extra CC's & fuel injection. As far as pulling trailers my 1500 does fine pulling my little trailer.

The 1500's are carburetors? If thats the case, directly to the 1800 I go. Once you go injection, its hard to go back. I forget what its like to have to wait for the Vmax to warm up 100% so that it rides good. The 14, fire it up, put your gear on and go, its smooth as silk. So injection is a necessity. I don't want to fiddle with carbs anymore on a daily rider.

The Gl1500 has two carbs, the Valkyrie version has 6, my 93 and 95 have no problems warming up, they have hot air tubing from the exhaust pipe to the carbs with a temp door, to me they are the most maintenance free carbed bike i have ever owned, i have never had to clean or adjust them.
I was two up with my 93 saturday night at a stop light, kid in a Ford truck st a stoplight wants to race, i absolutely smoked him.

The Gl1500 has two carbs, the Valkyrie version has 6, my 93 and 95 have no problems warming up, they have hot air tubing from the exhaust pipe to the carbs with a temp door, to me they are the most maintenance free carbed bike i have ever owned, i have never had to clean or adjust them.
I was two up with my 93 saturday night at a stop light, kid in a Ford truck st a stoplight wants to race, i absolutely smoked him.

But that is a pickup!Not to many bikes it will smoke!(except Harleys).I had a '86' 700cc Honda magna that would smoke a 1500 wing..The 1800 though is a whole different animal.Performance matters,after all,thus is a vmax forum.right?

Back