Bonehead fork oil move...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mundmc

Reaction score
So I, er, somebody I know who is not at all me, diligently watched Sean‘s videos on fork springs.

He diligently added the fork oil up to 4 inches below the top park, while the fork was fully extended (oops) and while the spring was in place open (double oops).

Can anybody save me an hour or two and estimate how low below the extended fork, with spring in place, the oil goes?

I have a hunch it will not be as easy as I hope and I will have to take them apart again.

I have never done this as far as anyone can prove. But if I had I would have been mad and had to remove the forks and dump the oil and start over. It sucked but was the only way I could fix the problem.

Thanks all!
Radioguy, I totally realized (after the fact) that the fork should be compressed with no spring. Totalcomfort that is where I am at. Radio guy logs I like this solution

Slow and steady.

My plan was to measure the oil in one fork, then subtract the difference from the other fork. Then my 3 year old threw a cup of saw dust into the tray that collected the oil.

2C21CAC3-AA85-4774-AEFA-48DB1F0D3EF3.jpeg

I just did mine last week, with a 1 inch spacer above the 1 inch spring in the bottom end to lower 1 inch internally, (which shouldn’t make a difference) I measured about 1 1/4 inch of oil above the spring and washer with the spacer removed. 2007 Vmax . Likely too late for you now, lol

Back