California Model Vmax 1700

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderboy1961

Reaction score
Out of boredom (Stay at home, stay safe) I thought I would throw this out here as I am curious to know...

When I purchased my Brand New Vmax 1700 January of 2020, I asked the Sales Manager if mine was a California Model with the CA Smog Required Equip. on it. He checked and got back to me with a YES.
(I purchased this Vmax in "Oregon")
After he got back to me and told me, I then asked him if the Brand New 2014 I had purchased new from him 5 years ago had been a CA model or not. He got back to me and said "YES" it was also a CA model.
(That one was also purchased Brand New in "Oregon")
*"I am just curious... Who All own a: CA Model Vmax 1700 bike and "What State" was it purchased "Brand New" in?"
(I had spoken to a salesman at the dealership I purchased through in Jan. 2020 and asked him how or why they were getting these CA model bikes and selling them in Oregon and he had said that Most of the New motorcycles are All coming to them from Yamaha, Brand New with the CA. Smog Equipment, directly to their dealership)

Last edited:
Don't know...... I do know all the Canadian bikes have the CA mid.

I also know that the added hardware is kind of a joke..... it's just 4 vent hoses in the bottom of the TB'S and a tiny charcoal cannister.

Back