Car& Bike show in Seneca Falls NY, 28 July 19

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know it's kinda a shortl suspense but was at looking at the Abate website posted below.
http://www.abateny.org/events/events.htm
I found this..
Upstate Baggers 3rd Annual Bike Show
Fall St, Seneca Falls, NY 13148
Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 9 AM – 3 PM
CLASSIC CAR AND BIKE SHOW BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN SENECA FALLS
FOOD - MUSIC - 50/50 - FUN FOR THE FAMILY
*THERE IS NO CAR OR BIKE REGISTRATION FEE*
This years bike awards will go to the following:
Best in Show
Peoples Choice
Best American
Best Metric
Facebook
Was thinking about seeing if a group of V-MAXS wanted to get together and go just throwing it out there.

The heart of the Finger Lakes.....while I dont wish to be back in NY, I gotta admit....had great times hitting the wineries, playing in the Finger Lakes and riding the twisties. Good memories but I am too far to partake.

The women's suffrage movement pretty-much started in Seneca Falls, a small group formed and declared the Seneca Falls Statement (1848), about equal rights for women, including the right to vote. Less than a month later, they reconvened a bit to the north and issued another statement, reiterating their commitment to 'stay the course,' and putting it out there that they weren't going away. That was the Rochester Statement. One of the women who took up women's suffrage was repeatedly arrested for trying to vote over the years they lobbied to be afforded the right to vote, eventually resulting in the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution (1919). Her mother and her sister attended the Seneca Falls Convention, though she did not. Ever spend a dollar coin? It probably bore the likeness of Susan B Anthony. Her fellow suffragists were Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott. There were others, of course. Susan B Anthony died before the passage of the 19th Amendment.

The Finger Lakes are beautiful to ride-in and have lots of hills and curves. Be slow in the villages! The PD's are known to set-up speed traps at the bottoms of long descending hills, to catch careless motorists who neglect their speed as they descend.

One of my friends operates the Himrod Eagle Restaurant in Dundee, I suggest trying it out if you're in the area. I've eaten there and it's good. The building is older, but is well-kept, and the interior is one of those places where upon entering, you look-around and think, "a comfortable place to spend time." Ask for Norm, and ask him to tell you stories of motorcycle racing as he's got more of them than you've got time to hear them! He's a former champion speedway racer, among other types of two-wheeled competition, and he has an incredible collection of vintage bikes. He raced BSA's as a young guy, as did his brothers, and he

Norm -Tom BSA ad 1965.jpeg

appeared in national ads in the bike magazines in the 1960's for BSA with one of his brothers, as examples of "win racing a BSA!"

https://www.yelp.com/biz/himrod-eagle-dundee

Here's a shot of Norm with a BSA Gold Star, he restored and exhibits. You can see he's advertising the restaurant on the number plate. Photo taken at World Golf Village, 'Riding Into History' motorcycle show, St.
Augustine FL, 2018.

Norm BSA.01.jpeg BSA engine.jpeg

The women's suffrage movement pretty-much started in Seneca Falls, a small group formed and declared the Seneca Falls Statement (1848), about equal rights for women, including the right to vote. Less than a month later, they reconvened a bit to the north and issued another statement, reiterating their commitment to 'stay the course,' and putting it out there that they weren't going away. That was the Rochester Statement. One of the women who took up women's suffrage was repeatedly arrested for trying to vote over the years they lobbied to be afforded the right to vote, eventually resulting in the 19th Amendment to the US Constitution (1919). Her mother and her sister attended the Seneca Falls Convention, though she did not. Ever spend a dollar coin? It probably bore the likeness of Susan B Anthony. Her fellow suffragists were Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott. There were others, of course. Susan B Anthony died before the passage of the 19th Amendment.

The Finger Lakes are beautiful to ride-in and have lots of hills and curves. Be slow in the villages! The PD's are known to set-up speed traps at the bottoms of long descending hills, to catch careless motorists who neglect their speed as they descend.

One of my friends operates the Himrod Eagle Restaurant in Dundee, I suggest trying it out if you're in the area. I've eaten there and it's good. The building is older, but is well-kept, and the interior is one of those places where upon entering, you look-around and think, "a comfortable place to spend time." Ask for Norm, and ask him to tell you stories of motorcycle racing as he's got more of them than you've got time to hear them! He's a former champion speedway racer, among other types of two-wheeled competition, and he has an incredible collection of vintage bikes. He raced BSA's as a young guy, as did his brothers, and he

View attachment 69847

appeared in national ads in the bike magazines in the 1960's for BSA with one of his brothers, as examples of "win racing a BSA!"

https://www.yelp.com/biz/himrod-eagle-dundee

Here's a shot of Norm with a BSA Gold Star, he restored and exhibits. You can see he's advertising the restaurant on the number plate. Photo taken at World Golf Village, 'Riding Into History' motorcycle show, St.
Augustine FL, 2018.

View attachment 69844 View attachment 69845
Thanks for the information I'll have to look it up the Eagle resterante. The history in the finger lakes region is amazing, you got Harriet Tubman underground railroad in Auburn, as well as the William H Seward house, the man who purchased Alaska and was Lincoln's right hand Man.

Thanks for the information I'll have to look it up the Eagle resterante. The history in the finger lakes region is amazing, you got Harriet Tubman underground railroad in Auburn, as well as the William H Seward house, the man who purchased Alaska and was Lincoln's right hand Man.

The native American history there as well is interesting. 5 tribes all across NY came together to make a functional society with diverse tribal people, trade, food, and what not.

The native American history there as well is interesting. 5 tribes all across NY came together to make a functional society with diverse tribal people, trade, food, and what not.
I live right on Cayuga Lake, love the Finger Lakes region, Still say they separate upstate from NYC LI ,and 5 burrows MHO

Back