Carburator Flooding

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can send you 4 float needles that won't leak if you need them. Are you in North Carolina?

I trust you had a Merry Christmas,

I put my Carbs back on and #3 was fine, but #4 overflow tube spewed gas. I removed #4 Float cover, and Float Needle and spayed carb cleaner up there and no visible leaks. Rode for 80mi and right leg started getting soaked: I'm gonna change out those float needles out. Do you still have some available? I'm not going to mess with the Seats just yet.

Like dannymax stated it could be an o-ring on the seat so best to get those too just so you have them.

I have had this trouble the past couple of seasons after my 05 sits for the winter. The #2 needle sticks in the bore and the carb floods. The only fix was to take it apart and free it. The last time I did this I bent the float tang by accident and reset it to 1.115 as in the float level on bench thread. The bike runs good but seems like it doesn't have the power it used to. Maybe I am just used to it now. Now I try to run the bike every couple of weeks in the winter as there is too much snow to ride now. Also if you ride it like that you get about 40 miles to a tank of gas!

I have had this trouble the past couple of seasons after my 05 sits for the winter. The #2 needle sticks in the bore and the carb floods. The only fix was to take it apart and free it. The last time I did this I bent the float tang by accident and reset it to 1.115 as in the float level on bench thread. The bike runs good but seems like it doesn't have the power it used to. Maybe I am just used to it now. Now I try to run the bike every couple of weeks in the winter as there is too much snow to ride now. Also if you ride it like that you get about 40 miles to a tank of gas!

Try Star Tron it neutralizes ethanol keeps everything in the carb in good shape.

Back