Condor motorcycle dolly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage99

Reaction score
Just thought I'd put this out there if anyone was contemplating a motorcycle dolly. Garage space for the winter is limited with other toys in the garage, so I tried to be creative in moving the bike around. Found this dolly and i am pleased with my purchase so far.

Attachments

• 20201011_181734.jpg
    20201011_181734.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20201018_131215.jpg
    20201018_131215.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 58
Bought it right from Condors website. About $475 with a promotion they had. Pricey, but will work well for what I needed.

Their trailer is really-something. It can be a ramp to ride your bike up and into your pick-up bed, and then you can turn it into a trailer. Depending on the size of your truck and your bikes, you could carry 4 bikes.

I saw the professional engineer who designed the dolly, and the trailer, at Daytona a couple or three years ago. The trailer you could even carry on a 2" receiver hitch, off the road, since you can detach pieces from it to make it lighter, and the lifting mechanism pulls it off the ground.

The dolly with the Condor wheel chock,(there are different wheel chocks for the uses you're making of them) you can just push your bike onto it and into the front wheel holder, and then move about the bike/dolly, easily and securely.

Go to the website and see the trailer, and the dolly being used.
https://www.condor-lift.com/

Last edited:
I like that but at that sort of price I'd have to make my own, a winter idea 😉

I was surprised to-see the Daytona Bike Week Condor employee demonstrate with a Sportster, which is very-close to a VMax Gen. 1 in weight, how-easy it is to load the bike onto the Condor dolly, and then to move it around. One of the 'secrets' is that while you can buy the somewhat-similar Harbor Freight Tools (HFT) motorcycle dolly, which uses a sidestand 'T' piece off the main longitudinal piece, with a Condor wheel chock on the Condor dolly, you just roll the front wheel into the Condor wheel chock, and it very-securely holds the bike in-place. It sits upright, not-on its sidestand.

Once in the Condor wheel chock, the bike was easily-moved around with one-hand pushing the loaded bike: forward, backwards, in-circles, you get the idea. The Condor has screw jacks to make-stationary the bike; it has a wide-track (remember those 1959 Pontiac ads, anyone?) for the dolly wheels, and they're larger in diameter than the HFT dolly wheels, which greatly aids in the design stability. It also means that if your garage floor isn't perfect, that the Condor can move-across concrete cracks and uneven pavement without coming-to an abrupt stop as it might, with smaller-diameter wheels. In this, the wheel composition also plays a part. Early skateboards had steel wheels (probably stolen from your kid-sister's strap-on 4-wheeled skates) or clay wheels, which could come to an abrupt stop if it encountered a pebble, launching the 'sidewalk-surfer' (Beach Boys) like a catapult, off the suddenly-stopped skateboard. The Condor wheels are large-diameter, and of a material which allows them to bridge cracks and debris without calamitous results.

If you choose to 'roll your own,' those are important things you need to take-into account. The mechanical engineer who is the Condor principal already-did. His product is strong, well-designed, very-functional, and safe.

Don't be this guy!

Bronson bike damaged 001.jpg

Last edited:
The above is exactly why I purchased this one. Garage floor uneven, keeps it vertical, easy to spin around, easy to load and unload. Drive right into the wheel chock and its all set. Allows me to sneak it into the back corner of the garage. It is exactly as advertised.

The above is exactly why I purchased this one. Garage floor uneven, keeps it vertical, easy to spin around, easy to load and unload. Drive right into the wheel chock and its all set. Allows me to sneak it into the back corner of the garage. It is exactly as advertised.
Here's a comparison of wheel sizes. It's not-only wheel sizes, it's the size of the platform and the track-the width between the centerline of the wheels on each end. As you can see the HFT track is much-narrower, compared to the Condor's. The very-adjustable features of the Condor make it versatile. Things like the foot 'pedals' for dismounting the bike, while on it, sitting on the dolly, make it easy to use, safely, so you don't end-up like that poor Sportster.

HFT motorcycle dolly.01.jpgHFT motorcycle dolly.02.jpgCondor bike dolly-wheels.png

Support US workers out of work courtesy of the gift or trial test of Covid. What's $ 100 or even $ 200 in the grand scheme of things, expecially when you park an expensive bike on it and expect to use it for decades ? Put your bike on that HF stuff and you'll be scared a caster will fold up everytime you move it.

The clever part is the front wheel cradle that holds the bike in place without resorting the use of the centre or side stand. I was looking at dollies when trying to figure storage space but fortunately by reversing in, I can fit he bike (wearing its halloween ghost costume) next to the wall sidestand on a 1inch thick piece of wood for added clearance.

Unfortunately it does not appear the condor dolly is available in the UK.

1603803181476.png

That was one of the reasons I bought the Condor. Gained a few inches on the bike being vertical and not on its side stand.20201018_153506.jpg

I had the condor wheel stand for years. Best damn chock ever. Worth the every penny.
Beg borrow or finance, you'll never regret buying a condor product.
i broke down and bought one based on your recommendation. It was almost $300. However I will say I am impressed. It is very, very solid. With the Pit Bull in the back the mighty Max is upright and super well supported for maintenance.

Back