New Bikes at My Disposal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dansmaxresto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has been a significant change in my household in the last couple of months. Both my sons (24 and 22 years old) took a job with my son-in-law and moved out of state for what looks like a couple years. So that was a huge and sad change. We did a lot together including riding. The one silver lining to that is I now have a couple more bikes at my disposal. An MV Agusta 800 Rivale and an R1. The MV is a totally different riding experience. Like a dirt bike on the street and so light!! According to MCN 391 pounds. Impromptu drag racing result: Vmax huge hole shot, MV was reeling me in by 4th gear. Factory speed shifter on MV is helpful in that situation. Not a bike I could ride very far on but fun around town. The R1, a COMPLETELY different animal. Oh my gosh...it has been re-flashed, cat delete, tiny muffler, custom body work, factory electronics pulled from MOTO GP bike. I thought the Vmax was fast...holy smokes the R1 is ridiculous!! Thank God it has wheelie control, side slide control, ABS, blah, blah, blah and 4 customizable power modes, etc. Again, not a bike I could ride very far on (but I love riding it!!) and there's no way I, or many people, could ever utilize what this bike is capable of. After all that, if I had to pick one...nice knowing you MV and R1, now get out of my garage!!

Attachments

• IMG-0389.jpg
    IMG-0389.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-0387.jpg
    IMG-0387.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-0386.jpg
    IMG-0386.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
The shop I frequent, the owner cares for two MV Agusta's, the F4. Oddly, they have sequential serial numbers. I've never been on either one. They sure are pretty, and yes, lightweight.

An R1 is better than probably most of the people who own one. You're not alone there. It would be fun to go to a track day with the MV Agusta and the R1. With fall soon to be, the air will be cooler, more-dense, and wouldn't that be fun to ride during the foliage change? Maybe you should go to the track.

Back