Covid Rage Ride and isolation bits and pieces

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastal Grey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is where im located, the bike (checked on the bees while out on a very spirited first ride of the year) , me in the back yard, a crokenole board for my partner, partner now my wife, working on the apiary, working on the bike yes that is the drag specialties lift under the bike on the lift (die electric grease in all connectors!) some fishing, building more hives and the furbabies helping me make bee crack. thats more or less what ive been doing the last year we have not shut down at work at all full tilt boogie.

Cheers
Peter

Attachments

• nova1.png
    nova1.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_E0650.JPG
    IMG_E0650.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 20
What a neat part of the globe. Have visited NS twice, most recently (5 years ago) on the Valkyrie from Arizona! 23 day round trip...used the ferry from Yarmouth to Portland on the way back.

Love the photo with the bees.

Desert_max
We really like it here my moms side of the family is from the island I’ve loved it all my life I’m sure it’s some weird deep rooted DNA thing moved here 3 years ago from Ontario 53 years in the Gta was enough
The riding is great people are tight and friendly for the most part Nova Scotia is like cottage country everywhere I can’t think of a better place to cash out
Cheers
Peter

I forgot a pedigree shot this was my 2005 and the 2010 i bought when I sold it and if you are curious about red to grey there was a brief courtship with a fat bob it didn’t work out not quite ready for a couch yet

Attachments

• 9BEC36CC-8B9E-4449-99A3-06E525A022A4.jpeg
    9BEC36CC-8B9E-4449-99A3-06E525A022A4.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 5176467D-F8ED-4339-943A-C26395818CA9.jpeg
    5176467D-F8ED-4339-943A-C26395818CA9.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Gta I assume is Toronto?

I had a friend who kept an apiary in MI. BTW, 'apiary' was a question on 'Jeopardy' within the last week. Are the bees a hobby or a business?

A friend sent me a 'quote' allegedly from Albert Einstein about bees: essentially, "if bees die we die in four years." Something to-do with pollination. I went looking for confirmation, and I found this: Einstein And The Bees. Should You Worry? (forbes.com)

Fire-medic
Yes Toronto area Bronte to be exact
Over 2/3 of the food you consume relies on pollinators. It’s a hobby/ business we are getting our feet wet in echo tourism. Trying to get 4 campsites up and ready for this year and try to at least trap some people from the Atlantic Bubble, do a day with the bees and stay the night! Certainly not going to get rich.
This may come off as bias but the honey we are getting particularly off the island is very unique and i have to say right up there, I've tasted a lot of different honey over the years from all over the planet and this is definitely unique
https://m.facebook.com/capeislandapiaries/
I do enjoy it I'm certain there is a lesson or lessons to be learned from them it is a very structured society.
Anyway back to work

Cheers
Peter

Desert_max
We really like it here my moms side of the family is from the island I’ve loved it all my life I’m sure it’s some weird deep rooted DNA thing moved here 3 years ago from Ontario 53 years in the Gta was enough
The riding is great people are tight and friendly for the most part Nova Scotia is like cottage country everywhere I can’t think of a better place to cash out
Cheers
Peter

I forgot a pedigree shot this was my 2005 and the 2010 i bought when I sold it and if you are curious about red to grey there was a brief courtship with a fat bob it didn’t work out not quite ready for a couch yet
I did the same thing. Sold the Gen 1 and got a Gen2. I wish I had not sold the older bike. Two VMAXs is not too much.

I’m very fortunate to have 2 good friends that have been bee keeping for a long time. One lives in Plymouth Massachusetts and the other in central Connecticut. I’ve had some very interesting honey over the years. I surely would like to try yours. I haven’t been to Nova Scotia since I was a young boy on a family trip. I’ve always had a love of bagpipe music after experiencing them on that trip. Perhaps it’s time for another road trip.

Bought my new Vmax 2 years ago in July. By mid August, was one a 10 day solo moto camping trip to the Cabot Trail. My first time in the Maritimes. Amazing trip, people, riding, scenery and food! Won’t be my last, so many more areas to discover. I’ll definitely look you up.
All the best!

Lol good guess! Up the irons!
In Toronto I would not of missed them
First show since 83 I have not gone to I had tickets for Quebec we had the truck packed and ready to go and wouldn’t you know Murphy showed up. I couldn’t even give the tickets away
Very dry in this neck of the woods for concert major road trip for sure I am seriously going into live show with drawl down here and not because of COVID maybe in the summer may get a crack at something
Iron what? Iron fucking Maiden that’s what!
Cheers
Peter

Latest posts

Back