Craft GK Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooligans

Reaction score
Craft, the Japanese design firm that designed the gen 2 Vmax and helped with the gen 1 Vmax apparently released a super limited run of upgrade kits for the gen 1 that was officially endorsed by Yamaha? At least that is the claim at the bottom of this article:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/bikes/sayonara-yamaha-vmax

Does anyone know anything more about this? I'd like to know what the upgrades consist of - beyond the body kit.

From the article:
A faired-in headlight, new metal air intakes, new side covers, silencers and seat show how the original style could have been pepped-up by its original designers. The Craft GK Design Project 01, which was offered as a custom kit by official Yamaha accessories division Y’s Gear in Japan in 2005.

Produced to order only, it’s thought that no more than 30 of the kits were made. That’s not surprising, as the body kit alone cost 2,100,000 yen (£14,500 or $18,613) with the suspension parts adding an additional 1,680,000 yen (£11,600 or $14,890) to the price. Plus fitting, of course.

That's $33,503! For that $ you could have a built Gen I and a brand-new Gen II!

Why anyone would spend USA Gen II $ for a kit for the Gen I, I dunno. As it says, "only 30 kits are believed to have been produced." Have Sean build you something from Exactrep body and chassis parts and a chain-drive monster motor, for less $. Or see PCW or LCR in New York.

The GK Design kit I see has different front & rear suspension, billet engine brackets and rear brake stay, it doesn't even have wider wheels in sizes for radial tires, which would have done as-much as the other stuff to make it handle better.

Last edited:
Back