Desert_max is Back!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
I know what you're thinking. Who the heck is Desert Max? I haunted this joint a few years back when I had my 94, but was never Super Active. But I sold it and drifted Away. Regreted it. But the reason I'm here is that I have now purchased my third VMAX. It joins a garage full of motorcycles. Perhaps I'll start a thread to provide a little insight into what's going on over here, but the good news is I am back into the Vmax world.

I have a blank slate, one owner 20000 Mile '86. Completely 100% original. Needs clutch Hydraulics, carburetor work, a good washing and then repeated thrashings. My last 94 was heavily modified. I may keep this one as it is for a while. It is a true survivor.

I'll try and upload some photos this evening. The darn thing is still on the trailer out back.

You guys say the word. I’m always down for a scoot. I won’t have the Vmax on the road for a while, but I have a few other victims to choose from…

You guys say the word. I’m always down for a scoot. I won’t have the Vmax on the road for a while, but I have a few other victims to choose from…
Sounds good to me ... but I'm not fast rider ...

We had a saying in germany:
"There are lot of fast riders. There are a lot of old riders. But there are just a few old AND fast riders"...

So many AZ riders! I’m in west Mesa and always down for a ride as well.

No, but any Vmax rider is a friend of mine. We are definitely a different breed. (Well, us and CBX riders, that is...)
I don't run into many VMAX riders but everyone loves the machine (2009 VMAX). But my Red 79 CBX is what gets attention. Most common comment. " OMG! I haven't seen one of these in over 30 years!" It is fun riding a piece of history.

Thanks Jerry. It'd sure be worth more if stock, but period mods, which I kept, are as deserving of preservation as are showroom examples, I think. This was another one-owner bike that was well-loved - but ridden lightly.

Latest posts

Back