Eureka!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Today I was installing my R/R and after a very nice custom install (i installed an R/R off an 01 Fazer 1000) I turned the bike on and let her idle.

I had the choke set full as it was around 12 degrees here this morning.

Anyways after a minute with full choke my bike was idling around 2500 rpms and I noticed a sucking noise coming from the carb boots area. I sprayed the carb boots while the bike was still idling high with wd40 and the idle jumped!

So if my calculation is correct this HAS to be the reason my bike was missing in the upper rpms. It would seem that at idle the carb boots are not leaking but once the rpms go up and pressure increases they start to leak!

For all of you that have been follwing my posts you know the hell I have been through with this.

There basically is not an electrical component on this bike that I did not replace. Matter fact I replaced so MUCH shit that this bike is slowly turning out to be LIKE NEW!

Anyways I ordered 4 new boots from mondak (36 for all 4) and they should be here within a few weeks.

HD...

i haven't been offering advice (mainly b/c i don't know as much as most here), but watching your posts. i know how much it was bugging you, congrads. shit like that would definitely piss me off too.

glad u finally (fingers crossed) have solved it... let me knwo if the boots do it.

Glad you found it! After the carbs checked out fine and the electrics looked good too - it had to be those cracked boots..

Back