Exhaust system question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itsallgood

Reaction score
Getting a vmax 1st gen year 2000 soon!! Been watching YouTube videos and love the sound of voodoo 4 to 2 exhaust system.

But the max I got comes with laser exhaust system.

Has anyone on here got this system?
Is it loud?
Does it have a deep tone to it?

I basically want the loudest baddest exhausts ever!

I have laser exhaust 'silencers', they are deep sounding but not overly loud in a way that I can get a UK MOT with them, there are plenty of more offensive sounding systems around, you'll want larger openings and shorter silencer lengths if you want people to hate you

I have laser exhaust 'silencers', they are deep sounding but not overly loud in a way that I can get a UK MOT with them, there are plenty of more offensive sounding systems around, you'll want larger openings and shorter silencer lengths if you want people to hate you
Okay thanks but when I hear videos of the laser exhaust they literally sound like a 125cc cruiser. I hope its just bad mic quality

what you hear in videos depends on the quality of recording equipment and also on the quality of equipment playing the video, to me they are deep and loud enough without being offensive,
can't you hear the bike you are getting run,
some pipes are just loud and sound like a youths car with a blowing manifold

There's a long continuum between being hated for anything and "unhateable", but loud exhaust certainly moves one closer to the "hated" side. Hopefully the poster is already more on the "unhateable" side but only he/she knows where he sits right now, LOL.

There's a long continuum between being hated for anything and "unhateable", but loud exhaust certainly moves one closer to the "hated" side. Hopefully the poster is already more on the "unhateable" side but only he/she knows where he sits right now, LOL.
Unhateable haha

I’m hoping that I can find a quadzilla system for my 07. You want to talk about bad ass sound and killer looks!
It is entirely too loud. A riding buddy has one on his '94 Vmax and I can't ride behind him. Hell, I can be 50 feet ahead of him and I can't hear my bike at all and have to watch the tach for shift points.

He's gotten a few tickets over it.

I still have Jon's phone # in my cellphone index. If it ever-rings, I guess it's The Rapture.

When I was riding with Marcus one year at Daytona Bike Week, (Marcus owns a 1500 cc VMax that won the HP Shootout they used to have at AMI) I was running my UFO Dragstar 4/1, and he said my bike was too-loud to ride to my right in double-file. I have a large dia baffle and a smaller baffle megaphone, maybe the last one he built. I had to wait awhile to get it, and about a month later, he was gone.

Fair warning on that - the quality of the old UFO systems under Jon Cornell was better than what they sell now. If it's me, I look for an old, used system from Jon's era rather than buy a new one.
I guess I have been lucky I have bought a couple from Mike & had no issues & he is much more pleasant to deal with than John.

I brought delvicks shorties slip on and they are loud but I have never ridden and never had one person not pull over on me. Loud pipes safes lives I guess

Back