• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fazr

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did outsell the Fazer. BUT, so did many other 87-88 models just like the Vmax was way outsold in those same years (and pretty much every year except 85). Those other bikes either lacked passion, performance, or reliability to keep more of them on the road then a bike that had fewer units sold. I see far more Fazers still on the road then I see with ANY sportbike from that era. Not that I see many of the Fazers either. Something is keeping them going. Part of that something is reliability. The rest is passion which the plain old plastic bike just doesn't offer.

They did outsell the Fazer. BUT, so did many other 87-88 models just like the Vmax was way outsold in those same years (and pretty much every year except 85). Those other bikes either lacked passion, performance, or reliability to keep more of them on the road then a bike that had fewer units sold. I see far more Fazers still on the road then I see with ANY sportbike from that era. Not that I see many of the Fazers either. Something is keeping them going. Part of that something is reliability. The rest is passion which the plain old plastic bike just doesn't offer.
Depends on where you are I guess because I've seen only a handful of fazors out here. 1986-87 Suzuki gsxr 750's and 1100's are everywhere.
I still have 3 in my garage.
Every motorcycle is different and everyone has their own experience with them. This is the reason I RIDE a Vmax and RACE Suzuki's. Also the reason my sister RIDES Honda's and JUMPS for Kawasaki.

HAD one of these back in the day, very neat bike and lots of fun. Quicker than you would think. I would also say go for it

Well where I'm from there was the'85 FZ750 that replaced my '84 XJ750RL. It would have handily trounced the CBR600 in the quarter. The Fazer was geared different if I recall, not as much for the top end as the fairing FZ750 was.
I've had more than a couple mechanics in years after tell me about the FZ canted engine and how reliable the 5 per with shim under bucket was. Hell! My XJ engine is quite a bullet proof with it's simple inline 4 with 2 per, right down to it's car like alternator.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 20
Well where I'm from there was the'85 FZ750 that replaced my '84 XJ750RL. It would have handily trounced the CBR600 in the quarter. The Fazer was geared different if I recall, not as much for the top end as the fairing FZ750 was.
I've had more than a couple mechanics in years after tell me about the FZ canted engine and how reliable the 5 per with shim under bucket was. Hell! My XJ engine is quite a bullet proof with it's simple inline 4 with 2 per, right down to it's car like alternator.
A 750 beating a 600. From seans site below. I read in cycleworld where the hurricane ran 11:38 in the 1/4. http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cbr600f 87 .htm
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_fz750 85.htm

Latest posts

Back