first impression of Maxgasser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nd4topspd

Reaction score
I had the opertunity to tryout the Maxgasser seat:punk:
I discovered right off the bat I was missing the stock bracket that the Maxgasser attaches to but thanks to Rick he fixed me up so I could give his seat a test ride.
Got it installed yesterday which was very simple and fit like installing a stocker first time(with the bracket). Decided to go give it a short 5 mile test. I'm not sure what happened but 35 miles later I decided I better get back to the house:eusa_dance:.
For a big guy like myself 6'4" @ 250 the seat was very comfortable. I like the way it feels wider on my butt and seemed to give me plenty of leg room for my long legs 36"inseem.
Anyways I am thinking I better put some more miles on Maxgasser for sure:punk: Great seat Rick

Is it just me or is this just an odd post? I don't know what is implied or suggested when you said you cut the ride short like something was not right or some impending doom. You said you were more comfortable. By the way, do you run forward controls being a big guy? Just wondering

I think what he was implying that his short 5 mile test ride ended up being a 35 mile ride due to the comfort.(my interpretation)
Since he was only going to go on a 5 mile test ride he had better get back home before the wife catches him joy riding (which may be the impending doom thing you were picking up on).:confused2:

Thats correct Redbone lol
No I don't run forward controls but I do want to try them some day. I do have forward riding pegs though and love them.

I see said the blind man to the deaf mute! I knew I wasn't reading it correctly. N4spd, we are pretty close in size is why I asked about the forwards. While you do stretch out more with them, it puts all the weight on the arse bones. You can't really get up on the pegs to take off some weight hence you have one position to ride from. Second, it's harder or should I say trickier to lean aggrressively with your legs out. Lastly, your legs can get blasted off the pegs at high speeds. Other than that, I like mine!

John, you must have some miles on that MAXGASSER now, how is it, still feel good?

Yes I probably have about 300 miles ride time on your Maxgasser with 100 miles of it with the wife on back.
Very comfortable it is. Like the ride height for my long legs both stock peddle position and stretched out on my cruise peddles. Wife likes it as well and never heard a complaint. She had a new helmet so she was taken with it I'm thinking. I like how easy it is to get to the fuel cap. Positioning the fill hose so my old eyes can watch it fill was sometimes tough with the stocker style. I am trying to come up with an idea to drop my sissybar rack on the back to right above the rear reflector so when I take my big bag I can strap it on the backside of my sissybar. Normaly I put it on the passenger seat but that won't work now. Really no complaints here . It's an amazing seat. You put alot of quallity thinking into it.
Figured I would have been asked to pass it on by now lol
Big time thanks for your try out plan :)

Back