Fixated on that idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unplugging the round electrical connector to the VBoost motor under the left scoop is an easy way to retain the use of VBoost to synchronize your carburetors. Unplug the round connector when you flip-on the ignition switch and the VBoost opens the butterflies. No removal of the butterflies is necessary. It's much easier to synchronize your carburetors if you leave the VBoost butterflies where they are.

Unplugging the round electrical connector to the VBoost motor under the left scoop is an easy way to retain the use of VBoost to synchronize your carburetors. Unplug the round connector when you flip-on the ignition switch and the VBoost opens the butterflies. No removal of the butterflies is necessary. It's much easier to synchronize your carburetors if you leave the VBoost butterflies where they are.
Thx for the advice, i tried just unplugging the connector and didnt notice much of a change in the idle so i disconnected it halfway thtough the boost cycle and LOVE the sound

Yes, that's the way to do it, to have the chuff-chuff sound at idle. Even die-hard Harley Davidson guys can't resist looking to see what's making that noise?

It's easy to plug it in, to synch the carbs, and to un-plug it again to create the bad to the bone idle.

All motor, pump gas, and street lethal lol

Back in 2012 when I first got my Max up and running and hadn't yet experienced the forums experience and knowledge, I found the vboost
to be a gimmick, LOL.
If it gets a kick in the ass at 6K then why not kick it in the ass from zero to redline?
Oh and that idle with my old glasspack stubby.
Small block V8 with cam and headers all the way!!!! And all who heard it agreed!
But that smell, that wet dead spot in the power curve.
Then I checked the oil one day and it smelled strong, GAS! It actually lit up on the dip stick!
My plugs where super black and sooty...
Ahh but that vicious lope!
I ran that way about a month of summer until I got acquainted with this forum and the reasoning behind the timing of the vboost butterfly's opening.
At the time one of my Harley buddy's had a 124 Ultima that didn't and couldn't sound as good at Idle as my 85Vmax 1200cc "Rice grinder" as they called it LOL. Pic shown of that stubby.
071413180502.jpg

OMG, HELP i may need an intervention! Got the idle set a little higher to keep her from stalling in traffic. Video redux!

OMG, HELP i may need an intervention! Got the idle set a little higher to keep her from stalling in traffic. Video redux!

This is a Kerker 4 in 1 no baffling an a stage 7 jet kit. It's obnoxiously loud, do it on cruise nights where I live.

Attachments

• VID_20220718_182728692.mp4
    44.4 MB
  • VID_20220718_165845546.mp4
    42.4 MB
I have VTEC on an S2000 and I'm content to allow the electronics do my bidding. Likewise the VMax.

I bet if you show the choke cable conversion to your riding buddies, they want to see it work.

Actually one of the main reasons I did it was to reduce fuel consumption as I kept running out. It's a heavy bike to push to the nearest gas station! It once happened to me in the early hours of the morning after only 72miles! I later added an additional tank but by then got used to Vboost on demand.

Did some more drilling to the factory pipes and i think im happy for now. I'm just trying to find that right sound if it's called a muscle bike it should sound tge part! I've been watching a lot of youtube videos on aftermarket slip ons and proper jetting and if i do it might be supertrapp megaphones but for now this will have to do.

Latest posts

Back