flooded car possible, need help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did timing belt on the 08 honda pilot. went well. took several hours between friday night and sat. morning, but got it done. did not replace camshaft seals or crankshaft seal. dont think they were leaking but didnt replace them either, even tho the kit came with them. put enough hours into it by that time....but i do have a question.

ok so I marked the timing belt on the cams and on the belt and what not. with timing belt removed, the cams, front and rear are just there. at this point, can I simply unbolt them, remove them, remove the seal (I know there is a tool for this part to be careful not to scratch or damage around seal area...) install new seal and put back cam wheels? how do I ensure cams are in the same "spot" on the shaft? do they only fit on one way, like the crankshaft down below, I thin kthere's a key to remove, etc... i think i can watch some more vids on doing that part for next time, or if I gotta get in there again....just curious.

other than that, fought some moments here and there with the replacement job, followed the youtube vid from south main auto, looks and running well though... will be a heck of a lot faster next time...

Back