Fuel Light/Reserve

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always took it to mean "reserve on" on the right. so i kept it on the left and turned it to right once it started hiccuping and stuttering. never had an issue...

so weird.

The owners manual is correct as would be expected. Don't know why this is so confusing. If it is not working correctly then you have a problem in the switch or elsewhere....

I started running out today. I went to res. then it started bogging again quickly.I went to run again then Res. again. Somehow I made it the few miles I needed. It's not making sence, but worked? Anybody else have this happen ever?:ummm:
Steve

Happened to me when the incident in question occurred. Moving the switch seemed to get me some more life, but only for a minute of two, then moving the switch again gave me a bit more. Definitely leaning towards a dirty switch. I guess I'll clean my switch this weekend, and see if that clears things up any.

I haven't yet used the reserve on my V-max because I live a block from a gas station now, but on my last motorcycle on vs. reserve definately makes a difference. (I know this isn't how the mechanics work but humor me on the example). Think of it like drinking out of a cup with a straw. If you leave the straw an inch off the bottom you will eventually start sucking air (this is "on"). From this point you can push the straw down that extra inch ("res") to access the rest of the liquid but the initial sucking of air at "on" was a warning that you were almost out. If you push the straw all the way down to to bottom of the cup (like putting it on "res"), once you hit the bottom of the cup, there is nothing more. You had access to all of the liquid and you drained the whole thing. Now you're screwed because you're out of gas on a busy freeway.

but the vmax doesn't act like a typical reserve toggle switch.

Latest posts

Back