Gen1 Vmax - Central Cali!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all! My name is Tyler, I am from central Cali and recently swooped up a 2000 Carbon Vmax with 14k miles on it out of Sacramento.

I am a car audio enthusiast and own and operate my own car audio website, am a PC gamer, and now have a fun bike to get out and see the world on again :)

I had a 96 YZF600 many years ago and sold it due to the realization that I was too young at the time for as fast and I was going and those knee down corners were going to catch up to me sooner than later😅 Sold it and went all in on extreme car audio builds and never looked back... until I got the itch for a Vmax!

I will make a post in the bike section of my bike and all the mods/upgrades I have done and plan to do as well!

Welcome.
I still have a lot of my old PPI Art series stuff around here and a number of Pioneer KEX-M900 units! Some of the best in their day and still could be considered quite advanced even with todays stuff.

Added the fairing shortly after picking it up. Could not handle the amount of wind hitting the chest at those high speeds. Yeah, I am a baby for that coming from a crotch rocket lmao.

Snagged am OEM sissy bar + rack for $200 from a Vmax FB group as well. adding bar end turn signals and the CBREE tail light this weekend!

Attachments

• 340926655_1243507303270600_7867692536975549391_n.jpg
    340926655_1243507303270600_7867692536975549391_n.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 1
Welcome! Looking forward to your list of mods... From your riding experience, you may want to add Progressive fork springs, better rear shocks, a fork brace and frame braces. Conversion to radial tires would also be at the top of the list, but it is about the most expensive suspension mod. Maybe toss in solid motor mounts and a steering damper for good measure :) Thigh plates if you are going to scrape the pegs in the curves...

Welcome! Looking forward to your list of mods... From your riding experience, you may want to add Progressive fork springs, better rear shocks, a fork brace and frame braces. Conversion to radial tires would also be at the top of the list, but it is about the most expensive suspension mod. Maybe toss in solid motor mounts and a steering damper for good measure :) Thigh plates if you are going to scrape the pegs in the curves...
yeahhh we may have already hit the pegs lightly lol. Springs are for sure a plan, and the tires are HUGE that are on it, so I am going to drop them down a bit I think. I will have to look into a fork brace, frame braces would be cool but I am not forking out the $ people want for them, $600 plus is wild.

The conversion would be SWEET but that costs almost what I paid for the bike lol.

Also, anyone know if these scoops can be powder coated? Or are they too thin? Mine have the clear peeling all over...
Sure can. Or you can paint 'em. This paint does a great job on die-cast parts, like the front speedometer & turn signal brackets, too (pictured)

VMax painted scoops-handlebar casting.jpgVMax scoop paint.pngVMax scoop silver paint.jpg.

Back