Harley...blind, deaf and dumb?! RANT!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The el bruto 120 that was in my chopper was 133hp and 135tq at the rear wheel going through a baker 6 speed.

Made a mess of that 230 from a standstill. At 30 I hammered it in 1st to pop it loose shifting into second, while riding with some friends. the venom Tire didn't really break loose, but 13 spokes sure as hell did. Talk about a wobble!

Now that sounds like a fun bike!!

I see a lot of "performance" arguments here. I tell you what, you spend what you want to spend on the Max, I'll go out and buy a ZX14 or Busa and wax you with a stock bike.

When it all comes down to it, it's personal preference on what you want in a bike all around. I don't understand the bashing of one bike if it lacks in one department vs the bike you ride. It's silly.

You want to go fast? Buy a sport bike. They do everything better than the Max does stock.

Obviously, you don't want to just go fast if you bought the V-Max, there are under lying reasons. Ripping on somebody or brand whatever bike for these reasons is silly. Joking around is different, but I don't see the jokes in some of these posts. I think a few of us need to get over ourselves and re-evaluate what the hell kind of bike the V-Max is, as it isn't the end all be all bike, and isn't remotely close. It is however a fun as hell muscle cruiser that draws crowds and demands respect, as well as having a myth that surrounds the thing, which is fun.

This post may not be directly towards anybody, but if the shoe fits with what I'm saying, I guess it does. :D

In all honestly, the next bikes I want to buy are:

Buell XB12S
Triumph Rocket III
H-D Street Glide
KTM Super Moto

Probably in that order, as I can't afford the Rocket III or the H-D right now. I posted this as I am by far not a "V-Max Guy" or a "Yamaha Guy" but a guy that likes cool and different bikes, and likes to bike in comfort or sport when he can.

+1 to Quarterhorse's reply - I agree with all he said except maybe the bike list to buy - but that's besides the point - can we get out of the sandbox and just respect what other people like to ride - whatever it maybe.

Mike

The el bruto 120 that was in my chopper was 133hp and 135tq at the rear wheel going through a baker 6 speed.

Made a mess of that 230 from a standstill. At 30 I hammered it in 1st to pop it loose shifting into second, while riding with some friends. the venom Tire didn't really break loose, but 13 spokes sure as hell did. Talk about a wobble!
ya spokes are a no no had stock rims and tires 130 rear i believe..never went with a fat rear wanted the tire to break loose before the belt or tranny

Back