• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Hayabuza [first Gen] Triple clamps/Trees for Gen 1, Vmax 1989

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the upper clamp is dropped. It’s been a few years so tuff to recall but I looked at the few that are available and I believe I remember seeing a set up I liked from Exactrep also but don’t recall why I didn’t use it. I left it in Larry’s hands to decide and really like what he did on mine.
I believe the 1998-2003 ? Fzr1000/750-R1 is the simplest to use. The wheels in the pic are powder coated fzr750 wheels. I have bst wheels and new rotors going on it now and they were ordered for the 98-03 r1…. A little more time supports for the older r1 but cheaper than the busa
You guys are so incredibly helpful..

I love this forum

Thank you

Rick, the attached photos are the ones I was referring to. The first are from Exactrep, made by Otec, I just read somewhere that Otec is or will be going out of business. The second is from cycle one off, and the brackets are if you want to use your Vmax fender and not an aftermarket or sport bike fender, I have the brackets and factory fender on my bike.

Attachments

• IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7727.jpeg
    IMG_7727.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7728.jpeg
    IMG_7728.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
Rick, the attached photos are the ones I was referring to. The first are from Exactrep, made by Otec, I just read somewhere that Otec is or will be going out of business. The second is from cycle one off, and the brackets are if you want to use your Vmax fender and not an aftermarket or sport bike fender, I have the brackets and factory fender on my bike.
No offense but those are horrible, like coming from a clapout manual bridgeport

If i decide to go the buza way i show you how they are done (this is a homage bike to a dear friend, but money is not exactly flowing this days

No wonder they are closing

https://www.kmp.fr/gb/40-otec?resultsPerPage=99999

Last edited:
Had you ever try to Replace the Upper cap with a turned rod machined to fit the fork threats...!@?

welding and Aluminum, is to much for my taste on a fork upper
Been running them for many years. The fj1350r is 167hp and 114ftlbs. It really enjoys lifting its front wheel coming out of corners. And has occasionally done stoppies. The black fj1200 has done thousands and thousands of miles long distance touing. Never any problems. No need for over Engineering. Like I said the majority of the strength and stress is taken by the lower triple.

No offense but those sre horrible, like coming from a clapup manual brigeport

If i decide to go the buza way i show you how they are done (this is a homage bike to a dear friend, but money is not exactly flowing this days

No wonder they sre closing

https://www.kmp.fr/gb/40-otec?resultsPerPage=99999
The fender brackets or the triples you don’t care for the look of? I didn’t use either of the triple but do have the brackets to utilize the factory front fender. The are somewhat hidden behind ind the fork leg. I did that as I don’t care for the big sport bike fender look

Been running them for many years. The fj1350r is 167hp and 114ftlbs. It really enjoys lifting its front wheel coming out of corners. And has occasionally done stoppies. The black fj1200 has done thousands and thousands of miles long distance touing. Never any problems. No need for over Engineering. Like I said the majority of the strength and stress is taken by the lower triple.
Oh im right there with you..

Sometimesvthey endbup looking like they are on hesteriods, i just dont want them to fold under me

The fender brackets or the triples you don’t care for the look of? I didn’t use either of the triple but do have the brackets to utilize the factory front fender. The are somewhat hidden behind ind the fork leg. I did that as I don’t care for the big sport bike fender look
I keep reading buza this Buza that soni got some, but the FZRs makes more sense, same headseat bearings, old enoght to be cheap but still rigid enoght..

I can not deal with flemsy front ends or weak brakes after riding so many other bikes, but i dont need much more

Well a fender will be nice

Sadlly the FZR1000 [94/95] are getting to hard to find and all the FsR1300 i found where bend and they still want a hundred per leg, bad sign for a vmax that is so Chubby .

So i guess im going to stay with the hayabuza platform since at least i know they are very staut/strong whatever

Last edited:
I know Billet Bike Bits has a few different options for the Gen1. I have his forward controls an lever's. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

Have you looked at Billet Bike Bits? He has triple trees. I have his forward controls and levers.
I don't want my bike to look like Himjudge-dredd.jpg

Last edited:
Mid 90's we've done. Note, this will be a much lower setup then stock since the fork legs are shorter. The 91-94 FZR and mid 90's YZF have amount the longest of the form legs. See examples.

View attachment 92156

View attachment 92157

View attachment 92158

I had Larry @ LCR do my build and he used what Sean recommended fzr1000/750 forks and wheels and I’m super happy. The factory handlebar clamp was also used. The bike is at his shop now for winter changes si I can’t take pics but I’ll attach ones I can find
Shame I did not read Deeper, Sean is the man, so much work and also wants to share it

Mid 90's we've done. Note, this will be a much lower setup then stock since the fork legs are shorter. The 91-94 FZR and mid 90's YZF have amount the longest of the form legs. See examples.

View attachment 92156

View attachment 92157

View attachment 92158

View attachment 92156

View attachment 92157

View attachment 92158
Thank Sean you are my hero, so Busy and still have time to be Helpful..

Gracias

Back