Help - undoing/reversing drilled baffles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
If any of you are following my other thread, you know that I was going to get another exhaust but was snubbed.

I'm not completely dead - it's only a flesh wound.....

I have a decent set of muffs but they are drilled out and the baffle plates are removed. The muffs have 5 drill holes, probably 1/2" diameter, and the 5 rivet holes.

I don't want to run rich as I ride the bike between 5-8000ft elevation already.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can undo the modifications that the previous owner performed? Shouldn't be too hard to weld/fill the 1/2" holes and reattach baffles, right?

Does anyone have any baffle plates? Ideas?

Mine were drilled as well, sounded like crap to my ears. I removed the rivets that held the outer cap on. I then got a tube of high temp silicone and ran a generous bead around each of the drilled holes. I then re-riveted the end cap back on the muffler. Let it sit 24 hours so the silicone can cure fully... zero leaks and stock exhaust tone returns. Ive got a set of older Holeshot cans with self made turndowns for running around, but for long trips I put the stock exhaust back on. No daylong drone and easier to get along with unknown cops in areas not close to home

Well, I don't have the end plates. :-(

It looks to me like the end plates are for looks (chrome) and don't affect function, so I can probably weld them?

Back