How can I have Led turn signals on at all times

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modaguy818

Reaction score
hello every one,
I wanted to have my new LED bullet turn signals amber on at all time with the head light.
when I turn the signals switch then I want it to flicker, how can I do that without draining a lot of battery power.
any help is greatly appreciated.
keep shiny side up

Do you mean as running light with reduced brightness? or in general on and only blinking when you set the turnsignal?

me personally, would use 2 diodes and a resistor, spliced into running light and turnsignal, but I'd prefer a switchback LED signal with two inputs.
The bullets are not available as dual led solution?

A

Last edited:
Not sure what you have but many after market turn signals only have 2 wires.Your front signals need to have 3 wires. 1(+)turn, 1 (+)running, 1(-) ground.

I was just swapping the sissy bar with a grab bar, thanks to capt Kyle and noticed the rears only has 2 wires. I mint to have them yes as RDL and blink with a switch, just to add some brightness and people to see me

As alluded to above to have a running light separate from th indicator function you would need an additional LED.
A conventional flasher unit is open circuit until the indicator switch is activated which allows the current to flow.
What you need is a device that interrupts the current at the correct flash rate when the indicator switch is activated.
I know not if such a device is commercially available.

Assuming your led is around 1W, 2x1n4001 and a 5w 250ohm - 300 ohm resistor should bring down the brightness significantly

Last edited:
I want to thank you all, but after yesterday’s project with the grab bar/sissy bar swap. I don’t feel like doing anything for now but ride it. Which I will tomorrow for work, it should be a nice weather. She roars and idles sweet, just took it for a ride around the block if it wasn’t night I would have continue, my sight isn’t the best at night.
I appreciate all the inputs,

keep shiny side up.

Back