Idle problem, need help please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat O

Reaction score
Wondering if you could try to help me out. I have a 2009 Gen 2 VMax with 2100 miles, when it reaches operating temp it will not idle, starts right back up though and accelerates fine. Cold start is fine. Once it reaches operating temp, if I unplug the temp sensor on back of the head it will idle. I changed the temp sensor and it stl does the same thing. Any suggestions on what it may be or what I should test would be very much appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

With all of the control systems on the bike any suggestions we make will be guesses. We may strike lucky but probably not.
First step would be to get a copy of the Service Manual, the second would be to check for any error codes and the third would be to work through the diagnostic procedures.
That will be the quickest and cheapest way to find the problem.

A 14 year old bike with 2100 miles? I'd bet serious money it's fuel related...how long does the bike sit without being ridden? That's seriously low mileage & that is never good for a motor. Gas degrades you know. I'd start running fuel treatments through it.

Back