It's the new Superhawk!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Except that it's a Kawasaki nameplate it will wear! And I don't mean the 1000 cc Honda V-twin Superhawk, I mean the bike that was pretty-much responsible for making Honda's reputation for performance, quality, value, and no oil leaks! Plus, whoever heard of a SOHC twin engine running 7000+ rpm all-day in the early 1960's?

A casual glance at this picture, and it's hard to tell what size it is. Clues? The single front disc is one, as-is the standard front fork, not an USD one. And the frame isn't shiny aluminum. Apart from those facts, it looks like a 600/750 made using parts-bin engineering to provide value. But if you read about the bike, you'll see it is a well-designed bike which should provide lots of entertainment, economical operation, and fun. The non-ABS model is listed below $5K. Supposed to be good for 110 mph on-top, way-above the performance of other 250 cc class bikes. Back in the 1960's a Superhawk w/a yetman frame, alloy wheels, & a heavily-modded engine might break 110, but of course, reliability and durability suffered accordingly.

I started riding on Hondas, my first bike was a 305 Scrambler, and I currently have a 305 Superhawk, mostly stock, awaiting my attention.

Its the new 300. They're suppose to release a 400 this year too. The 300 has an ABS model too.

I used to have a 305 Super Hawk----- Yes, one of those highly modded ones. Custom pipes, bored to 327c.c. oversized valves and a delong cam. even a full racing style fairing. More fun than a barrel of mod monkies in its day.
Lew

Ive got the 09 250r in the garage too, wife rides it mostly. Fun little bike, and an absolute blast to ride(carry your corner speed). Another 50cc is a 20% displacement boost for the baby ninja, and should be significant. It runs right with my 89 VTR250 thats been smoking 250 4strokes for 20 plus years(14K redline v-twin) :)

The extra 8hp is pretty cool considering all the lightweight engine components introduced in this new model

And nearly as fast as a stock Big Twin!:rofl_200: port fuel injection & light, w/probably twice the power of a '60's Stock Superhawk, maybe more.

Latest posts

Back