Zen and Art of Motorcycle Maintenance-305 Superhawk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tiltle of that book reminded me of a motorcycle shop along the winding road of the Pacific coast south of San Francisco. It was a nostalgic place with some classic motorcycles. The place was once a gas station with an old style restaurant. Black and white tile floor with the stationary round stools that rotate, it was very cool and I had to stop and check it out. It was called "Zen the art of Motorcycle Maintanance" go figure!

The tiltle of that book reminded me of a motorcycle shop along the winding road of the Pacific coast south of San Francisco. It was a nostalgic place with some classic motorcycles. The place was once a gas station with an old style restaurant. Black and white tile floor with the stationary round stools that rotate, it was very cool and I had to stop and check it out. It was called "Zen the art of Motorcycle Maintanance" go figure!

I forget the name of the restaurant south of the Golden Gate State Park on the Pacific Coast Highway, last time I was in S.F. we ate there. It has murals inside which I believe were done during the Works Progress Administration art in public places 'make-work' program. There are motorcycles in the wall painting, and many portrayals of life at the time. If you carefully examine the painting, you can see many things which are shown, which are not 'politically-correct.' I've read that there have been attempts to paint-over or remove some of these historic paintings, because some people find that the paintings are different from these people's personal beliefs, and therefore, must be destroyed.

I've read that there have been attempts to paint-over or remove some of these historic paintings, because some people find that the paintings are different from these people's personal beliefs, and therefore, must be destroyed.

Leftist tactics. Cancel culture. When was the last time you saw a conservative tear down a statue or demand a painting be altered to fit their narrative. Not talking about 150 years ago, lets just go with the last two decades.
Problem is the classic liberal has become the moderate conservative just from the shift of both parties to the left. Hell, I’m man enough to admit that I would have voted for obama in 08 had I not just moved to a different state and my voter registration wasn’t up to date.
I used to lean left. Then I paid more attention to the details.
Still think pot should be legal federally, but abhor the thought of further infringement upon our 2A rights for example. A right (and responsibility) actually guaranteed by the founding documents of our republic.
I think abortion should be legal, but I’ll be damned if I’ll agree to fund the leftist eugenics program through my taxes. You will never see a “black lives matter” poster in an abortion clinic.

Back