1st Gen V-Max Just Bought a 2001 Black Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what I wrote went right over your head, Sorry. My Bad. o_O
As a spud, the eyes have it. ^^^
Does the bike go, "potato-potato-potato?" Let's get to the root of this. All this quiet contemplation fries my brain. Idaho we got on this topic anyway. Tuber or not to-be, that is the question.

There are more people waiting in line at McDonald's right now then there were cars in the entire world in 1903. The number of people who were alive in 1903 who are alive right now is probably less than one in a thousand. Yes things change over time and thank God they do. For instance antibiotics like penicillin weren't discovered until after World War 1.

The number of people who were alive in 1903 who are alive right now is probably less than one in a thousand.
1 in thousand? Who told you that?

I don't believe that.

They would be 118 now. I reckon the number can be counted on one hand.

Wikipedia : It is estimated that there are between 150 and 600 living people who have reached the age of 110

I never fahrt while I’m riding. Can’t say the same about driving.
It is a comical saying for English speakers. "gute fahrt" which looks and pretty much sounds like "good fart" is how they say have a good trip, drive or journey.

In English of course it means "I hope you have a good fart and don't wind up shitting yourself."

As a spud, the eyes have it. ^^^
Does the bike go, "potato-potato-potato?" Let's get to the root of this. All this quiet contemplation fries my brain. Idaho we got on this topic anyway. Tuber or not to-be, that is the question.

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever!
And you are a moderator here, let me explain what I meant, you can either ride on a motorcycle or drive it, when you drive it you make it do what you want it to do. Push right to go right, push left to go left, and take the corners like you want to do it, then you are driving the motorcycle, not just along for the ride. Maybe you can understand that? But I doubt it! Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't jump on anyone with insulting language. People are happy to see someone new contribute, when they get a new to them motorcycle. I expressed an interest in your work on your motorcycle, like everybody-else on here who wants to see what others are doing, we're curious about your ride, er, drive, or whatever. As I said, refer to it as you wish, it's your choice (poe-tay-to, poh tah-toe; ride, drive). You've mentioned a basic motorcycling technique, taught by people much more-experienced than me, read this, and let us know what you found of-interest. How To Countersteer A Motorcycle

Reading Room

Four wheels interests:

Car and Driver 1963.png

Two wheels interests:

Rider magazine.png

Last edited:
Please don't jump on anyone with insulting language.
How has he offended anybody with "insulting language"?

If anything, you've been a bit of a pill with your overbearing rants about riding vs driving. I was having a bit of fun with it but you're being completely overbearing like it's somehow a personal insult to you.

Seriously. WTF?

How has he offended anybody with "insulting language"?

If anything, you've been a bit of a pill with your overbearing rants about riding vs driving. I was having a bit of fun with it but you're being completely overbearing like it's somehow a personal insult to you.

Seriously. WTF?
OK I apologize to anyone offended by anything which I wrote.

I edited his insult directed at me, a simple one-word deletion, which began a_ _ xxx. You wouldn't want your parent to be called by such a term, by someone.

If you need references for people being 'completely overbearing,' watch the talking heads' discussions concerning politics.

Please don't jump on anyone with insulting language. People are happy to see someone new contribute, when they get a new to them motorcycle. I expressed an interest in your work on your motorcycle, like everybody-else on here who wants to see what others are doing, we're curious about your ride, er, drive, or whatever. As I said, refer to it as you wish, it's your choice (poe-tay-to, poh tah-toe; ride, drive). You've mentioned a basic motorcycling technique, taught by people much more-experienced than me, read this, and let us know what you found of-interest. How To Countersteer A Motorcycle

Reading Room

Four wheels interests:

View attachment 79241

Two wheels interests:

View attachment 79242

IMO, You should resign as a moderator, because you suck at it, but you are good at initiating a negative response, what was all that insulting potato talk anyway. You think this V Max I just bought is the only motorcycle I have owned through my life? I don't need your freaking books, or any other solicitation from you, if I want to buy something I'll go straight to what I need and get it, without you or your advice!

Take it easy RyzMax. Fire-medic can be overbearing for sure but you don't want to alienate the forum from offering advice. It's what we're all about. Besides to know him is to love him as the saying goes. As another member once put it "his advice comes at a price". That generally is often a bit more or a lot more reading than you bargained for and his dogged determination to never be wrong. On the other hand he is chock full of fascinating facts and stories. Many of us look forward to his often esoteric and unrelated stories as they are simultaneously informative, interesting and generally spur the type of conversation that sets this forum apart from all others.

Good thing I stayed home tonight, canceled the movie trip. Making popcorn and just sitting back and enjoying the show here. 🍻🍿The other tread's seeing some action too. All we need now is for someone to start up a political Tread.

I mean here’s a guy who joined the forum last Friday. Unless he’s been lurking, which I highly doubt, he’s made some very hasty and premature blanket conclusions about individuals, capabilities and general tone of the discussion In a single thread. He apparently forgets that the written medium, even with liberal use of emoji‘s and multimedia attachments, is still fraught with the potential for misunderstanding. And yet he still misunderstands. Perhaps if there’d been some cockpit time and a reasonable assessment period, there might be some merit in his position.

Then again, a quick review of this single thread provides a nice microcosm of the forum and of the mindset of most of the Vmax riders who frequent this place. That should’ve been enough to prevent the misguided comments offered above. I thought the thread was going nicely until it wasn’t and the wheels fell off

If not, perhaps he’s chosen the wrong ride. Or the wrong forum. Which would be a shame since it’s the de facto Vmax site on the planet.

And yes, the third person was chosen for a reason.

I mean here’s a guy who joined the forum last Friday. Unless he’s been lurking, which I highly doubt, he’s made some very hasty and premature blanket conclusions about individuals, capabilities and general tone of the discussion In a single thread. He apparently forgets that the written medium, even with liberal use of emoji‘s and multimedia attachments, is still fraught with the potential for misunderstanding. And yet he still misunderstands. Perhaps if there’d been some cockpit time and a reasonable assessment period, there might be some merit in his position.

Then again, a quick review of this single thread provides a nice microcosm of the forum and of the mindset of most of the Vmax riders who frequent this place. That should’ve been enough to prevent the misguided comments offered above. I thought the thread was going nicely until it wasn’t and the wheels fell off

If not, perhaps he’s chosen the wrong ride. Or the wrong forum. Which would be a shame since it’s the de facto Vmax site on the planet.

And yes, the third person was chosen for a reason.

That is true, I just joined and have not been lurking, but I honestly took offense to the door to door salesman approach from the first of the thread of which I did not ask for! If you go back and read this thread from the beginning it started with a simple introduction from me. Obviously Fire-medic felt the need to prescribe fixes for my V Max from him seeing it had a Hindle 4 into 1 header system, I never asked for his input, the motorcycle is plenty fast enough as it is and runs just fine, is what he suggested required, no it isn't, but he felt the need to toss his input in, to a simple introduction thread.

Personally I am just trying to fit in here, OK. There are things I need to do to the motorcycle because it is 20 years old but when I listed something like the forward controls in the opening introduction, I should have written they were already ordered. If I ask for something then fine I am seeking that information, otherwise I despise the door to door sales approach, which is similar to buying a set of mags for your car then being pummeled with numerous suggestive ads on the internet trying to get you to buy more mags, but you only need one set of mags, and you've already bought them.

I bought the Max with the Hindle already installed on it, I did not install it, nor could I say I would have done that if it had come with stock exhaust, actually I like the look of the stock exhaust. If I raced the motorcycle or had any intentions of doing so then I may be interested in the information provided by Fire-Medic, otherwise the first thing he said, (" Congratulations on the purchase. "), was good enough for me.

I honestly appreciate your first post as I used it to put the Pink Floyd Time video in to break the salesman mentality, so if I needed input I would ask for it, and then here comes the riding vs driving onslaught that simply pissed me off, along with his insults hidden in the text, like I am too stupid to see what he was doing. When a moderator cannot objectively know when it is best to just leave a thread rather than stir negativity against new members so he can go thump his e mind, he has overstepped his responsibilities. That is why I made the comment he should resign as moderator, so he can learn not everyone even wants his input, and if they do they will ask for it.

Hopefully the readers can understand my point of view, and if not, well, take a number.
For what it is worth to all of you reading this, I wish all of you the best, God Bless all of you and keep you safe riding, or driving, your motorcycle! Ryan

Back