Knee Braces (someone should make em!)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh wow. i really like those. so they mount under the seat instead of using hose clamps eh? can you show any pics of how they mount w/the seat off?

Hose clamps are tacky and look crap, most of us max owners spend a lot on our bikes and i certainly like things to look neat and finished so i made these with a no nonsense easy fitting kit using origonal stock set up.I will post a picture tomorrow,

Cheers

Hose clamps are tacky and look crap, most of us max owners spend a lot on our bikes and i certainly like things to look neat and finished so i made these with a no nonsense easy fitting kit using origonal stock set up.I will post a picture tomorrow,

Cheers

I couldn't agree more. Could i order a set of just the plates from you? don't need the bars for the bottom bolts as mine rest on my frame braces.

If so, how far apart are the 2 bolt holes for the knee guards, just measured mine at about 54/55 mm ish... the side that mounts on the frame would obviously fit w/out a problem.

just thought about it, may not be able to do these kind of mounts b/c i believe my frame brace mounts go right under that bracket we are mounting to.

015.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

Maxperverion4.jpg

The black max is mine but as you can see from the orange max they can be fitted with a frame brace but im not sure how they have mounted them.

Cheers

his are clamped, see how its about 1/2" higher than the other ones. plus it looks like i can sort of see the support bar.

I have these braces as well. I can take some good close up pics if it will help anyone.

I might be re-ordering. I am still out the 100 bucks though :)
This time, we would be tracking.

Got mine today Ghost, All good beside some scratches due to the building process i guess. Overall quality is really good.
I will just have those polished and chromed later.
I just don't like much the clamps mount which is not really easy to fit properly.
The mounting could be better specially on the airbox cover lock.

I will try to make the adjustment tom.

But I will love to get that nice bracket too :)

Here are the pics after installation.
As you can see the fitting is not great yet.
Any suggestion ?

Attachments

• 21112009067.jpg
    21112009067.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 21112009066.jpg
    21112009066.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 21112009065.jpg
    21112009065.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 21112009068.jpg
    21112009068.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 38
I just find them super far from the frame.
I saw some pics with similar mounting kit which looks and fits better.
The gap between the frame and the knee guard is really big and does not look great since you can see the whole bracket.

I removed them from now and will see how to improve it.
The mounting brace from malki is solving the issue I guess.

Attachments

• 06112009052.jpg
    06112009052.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 28
  • kneebrace1.jpg
    kneebrace1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 26
  • kneebrace4.jpg
    kneebrace4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 23
  • kneebrace5.jpg
    kneebrace5.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 26
u may have to slightly modify the bracket then.

Back