laid it down!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry.cagers are unpredictable and UN forgiving.Talking texting etc.Spend too much time dodging them!For me interstates are the worst.Glad you at least have a parts bike.Last year when i went down interstate 40 gave me a tail tattoo that is clearer than the one on your arm.Thankful isn't wasn't any worse.

Ouch, that is awful but glad you weren't seriously hurt.
I was wondering though, what type of gear/protection did you have on, if any at all?

Thanks guys! yes i keep thanking God for how lucky i got, no cars were in the turn lane or coming the opposite way which is rare for that intersection! it could have been so much worse! I was only wearing a tshirt and jeans... and helmet of course, but im definitley going to be looking at some riding pants and a summer jacket :biglaugh: Once i get my bike fixed and all the parts swapped from my other bike ill post back up here and also start parting the other bike out.

Jason

Yes always glad to see nothing worse. I keep telling myself "it's better to sweat than to bleed," about wearing protective gear in FL.

Yep, that's pretty much my thought on it as well. When I laid mine down it was pretty much the same story....car pulled out in front of me, swerved around, car in front stopped short, hit the brakes, front washed out and down it went. was only doing like 25 though. jacket got a small frayed area, and the right knee plate of my leg armor got a pretty good rash sanded into it, the whole right pant leg was all ripped and trashed. only "damage" was some rash on my pinky from wearing 1/2 finger gloves.

the bright side of stuff like this is that you usually end up with a better-than-before bike if you don't let the insurance lowball you. Progressive gave me full MSRP for anything that had so much as a nick on it, so I made out pretty well.

Back