lifting the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tin-ear

Reaction score
I just put a 2 post lift in my garage. Has anyone ever lifted the vmax over head with a 2 post lift. I noticed on the bottom of the motor there is 2 threaded holes, what are they for. I'm looking for any ideas thanks

I've lifted mine before with an overhead hoist, running the strap around the frame underneath the tank above the rear cylinders. The frame braces kept the strap from sliding up/forward.
Lifting at this spot had the weight distribution slightly off.

With a two post lift I don't think it would be to hrad to rig something up to stabilize it.
When I lifted mine with one strap it wants to spin too much when I'm working on it.

I lift mine now by using a floor jack on each front frame slider and a 3rd one underneath the frame tabs for the centerstand that is not there anymore.

Have to make damn sure the jacks don't leak down tho'

Later

Rusty

Yes you can use those M8 threaded holes on the bottom of the block. When I get a welder I want to make some sort of stand making use of those

thanks for the replies
ultimately i suppose i'll have to design a deck or somthing and lift that so i could lift any bike without having to change technique due to the style of bike. I was surprised I couldn't find a solution i could just buy, but nothings thats easy. The strap wfcall used was an idea i toyed with but hanging off the arms of a 2 post i don't think that will be high enough or easy enough-bty did you have to take off your seat to do that.

thanks for the replies
ultimately i suppose i'll have to design a deck or somthing and lift that so i could lift any bike without having to change technique due to the style of bike. I was surprised I couldn't find a solution i could just buy, but nothings thats easy. The strap wfcall used was an idea i toyed with but hanging off the arms of a 2 post i don't think that will be high enough or easy enough-bty did you have to take off your seat to do that.

Yea, the seat and tank cover had to be off to do that.

Rusty

Back